Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   More challenging chair workouts? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225675)

bfit 04-16-19 09:37 PM

More challenging chair workouts?

I don't need chair work because of an injury or a limitation so I don't need the Chair Dancing workouts or anything like that, but lately I've been finding the few chair workouts I have sort of fun for some reason. It's interesting to see what you can do with a chair. I have Natalie Jill's chair workout, Tamilee Webb's chair abs from her Defy Gravity workout, and a Jessica Smith workout (Interval Mix) that uses a chair for planks and such. Are there others that you know of?

beyond.omega 04-16-19 09:54 PM

The 10 minute Chair routine on the T-Tapp More DVD gave me the best legs I ever had (it definitely targets the inner thighs on me). It is a good total body workout that keeps me mentally engaged, but I wouldn't exactly use the word "fun" to describe it.

To save money, there is a 20 minute Chair routine available by streaming (More Level 3: Chair), which people have said is similar, but a little more challenging.

Demeris 04-17-19 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyond.omega (Post 2818912)

To save money, there is a 20 minute Chair routine available by streaming (More Level 3: Chair), which people have said is similar, but a little more challenging.

MORE Chair 3 is an amazing full body workout. It runs 18 minutes, and Teresa stretches and works almost every muscle in your body.

Buzzer 04-17-19 07:32 AM

It's been a long time since I did this one, but Chicometrics. I remember it being a surprisingly difficult chair workout! I got it because people on VF were comparing it to Callanetics, and it really is like Callanetics. so if you aren't into that, it's probably not for you.

JackieB 04-17-19 07:59 AM

Margaret Richards has "Getting Better" and there's a half hour seated chair workout with dumbells. It's been a long time since I did that one.

beyond.omega 04-17-19 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demeris (Post 2818936)
MORE Chair 3 is an amazing full body workout. It runs 18 minutes, and Teresa stretches and works almost every muscle in your body.

I've heard it is similar to the 10 minute version on the More dvd, but with more reps and a faster pace. Is that accurate?

Rivercat 04-17-19 10:34 AM

If you're not opposed to YouTube, Pahla Bowers has several chair workouts of various intensity. Here's the playlist from the site, or you can go to her main YT page and type "seated" into the channel search.

Demeris 04-17-19 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyond.omega (Post 2818961)
I've heard it is similar to the 10 minute version on the More dvd, but with more reps and a faster pace. Is that accurate?

Similar, but she does a number of other moves. The arm/lat workout is more extensive. She does some forward flexion with the back (not enough to call it a sitting cat/cow). She works the ankles. It does go at a faster pace, it's still suitable for anyone.

ardnas 04-17-19 03:44 PM

Richard Simmons' Sit Tight :D

ardnas 04-18-19 08:30 AM

Zumba Sentao