Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ??Wt Loss w/ KCM workouts?? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230961)

Scorpio6 05-02-21 09:25 PM

??Wt Loss w/ KCM workouts??

If anyone has ever lost wt w/ a KCM workout, please let me know, and which
one(s) worked for you. BP doesn't like my spare tire.
Thanks, Carol

Cleda 05-03-21 04:40 AM

I'm sure others will chime in ...

BUT .... Weight loss begins in the kitchen. Not with any particular workout.

The best workout of KCM's that will work for you (combined with the kitchen method) will be the ones that you will do. That said? I think it's necessary to have a well rounded workout routine that you enjoy. I work with the "triangle" of fitness. Cardio, Weights and stretching. All important, all necessary.

I enjoy KCM's workouts (but not all of them). I own most of them, but get confused. I have my favorites, but can't think of what they are off hand. I think a well rounded routine will serve you well. (and I must admit, I haven't done one in months - been mostly doing rowing, peloton and the treadmill).

Of course, Diet cannot be discussed here on the forum. But combine a sensible one with the "triangle" and I think you'll see great improvements. REMEMBER though, it takes about 12 weeks to really notice BIG changes. It takes time.

I don't know if this is the answer you were looking for, but it's the best I've got! Good luck and stay consistent. Maybe join a check in (we're always looking for new folks to join us on the "Every Day In _____" check in - yes! shameless plug). . . . But it helps with consistency.

Cleda

Joni O 05-03-21 06:07 AM

Ditto what Cleda said! Exactly!

Gams 05-03-21 07:03 AM

I, too, agree with what Cleda said, but I would add another leg to the fitness “triangle” and that would be balance work. Good balance is important, particularly as you age.

Pat58 05-03-21 07:48 AM

whoops

fanofladyvols 05-03-21 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2924213)
I, too, agree with what Cleda said, but I would add another leg to the fitness “triangle” and that would be balance work. Good balance is important, particularly as you age.

Ditto to Cleda and Gams! Well said!

Scorpio what's BP?

Within that movement, it really helps me as I age to have days I challenge myself...and days I back off. I need to push myself for all sorts of health reasons but also because I get to feeling sluggish. I can't maintain it all week because then I feel wasted.

As long as the intensity varies within the week then my joints stay happy, my energy levels are great, and I stay consistent. :)

Leonana 05-03-21 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2924232)
Ditto to Cleda and Gams! Well said!

Scorpio what's BP?

Blood Pressure? That was my first thought.

prettyinpink 05-03-21 09:45 AM

I’ll add on.

Kitchen
Fitness triangle (plus balance)

+Sleep.
Very important.
And anything beyond exercise that might be needed for modifying stress or anxiety: prayer, meditation, journaling, whatever that is for you.

All of these affect health, blood pressure and lots of other things.

alisoncooks 05-03-21 10:51 AM

I betcha most people here (VF) are too varied in their workouts to say X or Y specific workout made me lose weight. If you're on FB, I imagine that KCM's public page may have reviews or testimonials from successful exercisers.

bzar 05-03-21 01:12 PM

i agree with all of the posts.

even if you have the eating part under control, i think consistency counts for a lot, and also keeping the stress level down using mindfulness and staying connected.

blood pressure - the American heart association has several good publications regarding this. it might help to monitor your BP for 2 weeks to see what activities help/hinder it.

if you're new to KCM, i'd say start with 3 of her DVDs and rotate them. i personally like all of the weight workouts - Sculpting Rx and Muscle Definition.

weights can give you a cardio effect as well as a muscle-building effect. so you get 2 for 1. weights are also low impact and especially helpful for folks who have joint issues.