Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Human Dust Bunny Question (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230377)

Sarah O. 02-08-21 09:21 PM

Human Dust Bunny Question

It’s been ages and ages since I visited VF, but something inspired me to log in a few weeks ago and I had the best time reading the Vintage Dust Bunny Check-In thread. I remembered so many of the workouts mentioned. I ended up buying a new step and weights (both long gone in home moves) and have been making my way through some familiar workouts on YouTube. It’s been so much fun. Also amazing how much memory, if not the stamina, was still stored in my muscles. The steps all came back to me.
Still, I’m feeling like a bit of a dust bunny myself....I joined VF in 1997 and was devoted to video workouts for a long time but I think it’s actually been 10 years (gulp!) since I did them regularly. I’m wondering about how you all amass your workout collections now or what streaming services you like best. No more shelves of VHS and DVDs, I’m guessing? I was thinking about getting the Collage streaming service but would love any recommendations you have. Thanks so much!

fanofladyvols 02-08-21 09:49 PM

Your thread title cracked me up!

Welcome back :)

If you want to review or suggest YouTube workouts , we have a thread for that!

We have a couple of threads of streaming suggestions..

But I'm still a dvd and vhs vidiot with a bookcase of treasures! There are plenty of us who travel in that dvd/vhs boat as well.

I think you'll find, no matter what type of exercise you enjoy, you'll find vidiots in all camps ☺️

You are welcome to join a checkin and shake off that dust :heart:

ETA: I added some tags so you can do a thread search to help with your research.

FirmDancer 02-09-21 07:59 AM

I'm still using physical DVDs. I like "owning" my workouts. But for yoga, I use online/streaming classes.

bubbles76 02-09-21 10:47 AM

I have a lot of physical dvds. I will occasionally do online workouts, bit for the most part I stick with dvds. I don't pay to steam anything, but if I did it would probably be Cathe, GetHealthyU, and possibly a yoga one.

Sarah O. 02-09-21 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2911357)
Your thread title cracked me up!

Welcome back :)

If you want to review or suggest YouTube workouts , we have a thread for that!

We have a couple of threads of streaming suggestions..

But I'm still a dvd and vhs vidiot with a bookcase of treasures! There are plenty of us who travel in that dvd/vhs boat as well.

I think you'll find, no matter what type of exercise you enjoy, you'll find vidiots in all camps ☺️

You are welcome to join a checkin and shake off that dust :heart:

ETA: I added some tags so you can do a thread search to help with your research.

Thank you! Glad to make you laugh. That’s how I feel going down VF memory lane. I suppose this human dust bunny should have thought to do a more thorough search first, but I really appreciate all of the links you shared. Will be fun to check them out.

Sarah O. 02-09-21 10:56 AM

I’m so interested to see that people are still using DVDs. Of course, I’m kicking myself now or not keeping my old collection. I guess I’ll just have to have a little fun putting one together again. 😂

Rivercat 02-09-21 11:27 AM

Welcome back!

I still have a couple shelves of old favorite DVD and VHS that I rotate in when the mood strikes, like when I did a few weeks of Tae Bo last year. At the moment however I've subscribed to Team Body Project's streaming service because their format and variety is what I need right now.

Mickey12 02-09-21 12:27 PM

Welcome back, SarahO! I am one who still has ALL my physical workouts from when I started accumulating them. I don't do much streaming.

You will find tons of workouts on YouTube, old and new. If you're worried about not having physical DVDs anymore, you can find plenty to keep you occupied just on YouTube, even without paying for any streaming.

One that I especially like on YouTube is Cat Gates-Buettner. She does step workouts that are really fun, good music, pretty easy choreography to grasp on the first try and she has a few felines that like to make appearances during the workouts.

Have fun in your pursuit and please post. It's so fun to hear from people that haven't been here in a while. :heart:

Sarah O. 02-09-21 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2911421)
Welcome back, SarahO! I am one who still has ALL my physical workouts from when I started accumulating them. I don't do much streaming.

You will find tons of workouts on YouTube, old and new. If you're worried about not having physical DVDs anymore, you can find plenty to keep you occupied just on YouTube, even without paying for any streaming.

One that I especially like on YouTube is Cat Gates-Buettner. She does step workouts that are really fun, good music, pretty easy choreography to grasp on the first try and she has a few felines that like to make appearances during the workouts.

Have fun in your pursuit and please post. It's so fun to hear from people that haven't been here in a while. :heart:

Thank you, Mickey! It’s been so fun rediscovering video workouts. I’ve never heard of Cat Gates Buettner, so I’m delighted to check out someone new. Today I rebought (so sad! 😂) some favorite workouts from the Firm. It was very interesting to see what’s available and what’s not.

tiffanywu 02-10-21 01:44 AM

I've owned a step for a loooong time and mostly used it as a weight bench and harbored ambitions to learn how to step. I've been a VF member since 2000 or so... and I have finally learned how to step in the last few months because the pandemie (French/German version of the term) meant I was getting less cardio from commuting and in the winter months, having a vigorous indoor option was welcome. I've been doing basic, classic step aerobics workouts with Gin Miller, Kathy Smith, Gilad and Kathy Kaehler. Feels like a time warp but I'm really enjoying the journey :sun: And yep, I love my DVDs augmented with YouTube and MyYogaWorks streaming (company sponsored perk) as well as Eoin Finn's yoga podcasts.