Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rave CrossFire & To the Max (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=182435)

gigi 07-10-12 07:48 PM

CrossFire & To the Max

The more I do these workouts the more I :love: them! I like the just right warm ups, the music motivates me, the reps aren't endless and they move quickly from one exercise to the next, premixes, core, stretches are just MINT. I mean, I really, really like everything about these workouts. I even like when Cathe talks a bit too long and my heart rate gets to totally recover a couple of times! And you really can up or lower the intensity quite easily. I won't call myself a Catheite, but by golly, she's gotten back in my good graces after some sour experiences on her forum and just losing the love for Cathe's workouts.

I'm so glad I bought these workouts. I'm following (mostly) the July rotation Cathe posted using the new workouts.

O.k., I'll quit gushing now but by golly, I'm :love:ing them!!!!!

I know, I know, I'll totally over use them like I did Peak 10 and Turbo Fire and have to set them aside for a while, but I love using workouts to death and rediscovering them again later. Plus there are options to use these on weight days and only use the sections I want to so they are more versatile!!!!

T2B 07-10-12 08:16 PM

Glad you're enjoying these. I think they're both awesome, too.

I did Crossfire for the 2nd time this morning and time flew by.

Kudos to you for doing these outside in the heat and humidity. :D I sweat like a pig in my cool basement, with the fan on, so I can only imagine how sweaty you are when finished. :D

momof10 07-10-12 08:58 PM

I am loving these, too. Whenever I do Crossfire, I think Cathe could do a Cardio Abs workout. The warm up in Crossfire is my favorite warm up now. I always loved the warm up in Butts & Guts, too. I will be using these workouts lots. I am very happy I got them.

Cheryl

Fitstick 07-12-12 12:37 PM

Nobody mentioned the workouts killing them yet! That would be me this morning trying to get thru To The Max, it really kicked my butt! I have been doing a lot of running lately in preparation for a half marathon - thought I was in good cardiovascular shape but this one had me huffing and puffing! I liked the variety and the fact that the moves were very doable. It was tough.

eyefit 07-12-12 12:47 PM

I love these too! I finally got around to doing them this week since I was on vacation when they came. It was killing me knowing everyone else got to use them a week before me!:eek: I just did To the Max this morning and even though I modified by lowering the risers for the step tabata and the 30/20 Hiit sections I was still getting in the anaerobic zone! Love it!:love:

edensmom 07-12-12 02:24 PM

I just did Cross Fire this morning :love: :love:. So Fun! Challenging but not too much.
I didn't order To the Max, now I think I will.

dela 07-12-12 03:03 PM

I'm thinking of getting Crossfire when I pre-order. But I still don't feel like I have a good feel for this workout, parts of the clips looked good, while others made it look pretty repetitive.

I did not like much of LIS at all, Trisets was OK, so is this too much like the workouts in LIS?

hdw 07-12-12 03:14 PM

How does this compare to Intensity? Impact and intensity wise...

Elise7 07-12-12 05:22 PM

I :love: Crossfire! I was sucking wind and sweating like no other. Some of the breaks are a bit too long, but you can just keep doing the exercise while she explains the next one. The moves are repeated 1 time each, so I didn't feel it was too repetative. NO burpees or mountain climbers in the main workout. Just used the discks for pushups, but I didn't use them.

There are some moves that I've never seen in Cathe's DVDs before. I think she tried to incorporate some new stuff.

For the main workout, I used 3s, 10s, and a blue firewalker band and a mat. Pretty low equipment demands.

Conni 07-14-12 08:58 AM

I did Crossfire this morning, with most impact moves on my rebounder, it was great!!!! The tempos and moves are perfect for the rebounder, and you just have to be careful getting on and off with the blue band, but it really was one of the best workouts I have done on my rebounder. Love it!!!!