Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Feet Up Trainer (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231721)

Lollie 09-08-21 02:51 PM

Feet Up Trainer

Hello All - Does anyone own a Feet Up trainer? If so, how do you like it?

Lollie

laurajhawk 09-08-21 03:20 PM

I bought myself one with Christmas money at the end of last year, and I quite like it, although tbh I haven't used it for a while. (So many workouts, so little time! :D ) I find it very easy to use, and since I'm an inversion-challenged yogi, easy is good ;) The trainer itself is attractive and very sturdy. I've used it as a prop in other workouts that call for a chair or bench; obv the suitability depends on the actual moves you're doing.

I never did subscribe to the FeetUp app; I found some really nice practices by YogaCandi on YouTube that incorporate the FeetUp trainer, including a week-long "FeetUp challenge" that I did when I first got the trainer, in order to get used to it.

Lollie 09-08-21 04:10 PM

Thank you Laura. I was looking at the other inversion trainers but keep coming back to Feet Up. I may just put it in my Amazon cart this evening. :)

Lollie

yogapam 09-08-21 05:03 PM

I hope you enjoy it! I have a basic headstand bench that I got used for a $20. I really like it but don't use it as often as I could. I've used the feet in studio yoga classes and it is definitely superior.
Mine is similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Headstand-Fit...1138407&sr=8-9

Steve4404 09-09-21 03:03 PM

Feet up

Hi Lollie:

I purchased a feet up trainer last year and it the best fitness investment I ever made. I had shoulder surgery a few years ago so doing un-assisted handstands are out of the question for me. I have been using the feet up consistently for at least 4 days a week for close to a year and I love it. It is great for the core and there are so many great videos out there , you do not need to subscribe to the app, just look at their facebook page or search Youtube.

Get it, you will love it!

BunnyHop 09-09-21 03:38 PM

I'm so glad you asked this question. Hadn't heard of the Feet Up trainer til now, but had been sorta searching for a replacement for the cheapo yoga chair I got a few years ago that had a safety recall (sigh).

This is on my list now, for sure.

Lollie 09-10-21 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve4404 (Post 2940404)
Hi Lollie:

I purchased a feet up trainer last year and it the best fitness investment I ever made. I had shoulder surgery a few years ago so doing un-assisted handstands are out of the question for me. I have been using the feet up consistently for at least 4 days a week for close to a year and I love it. It is great for the core and there are so many great videos out there , you do not need to subscribe to the app, just look at their facebook page or search Youtube.

Get it, you will love it!

Steve4404, I am ordering today! Early birthday present to me! :D I am finding I NEED yoga at this age and stage in life. I have had to do some modifying the closer I get to 60. My runs have turned to run/walks, more stretching, the step has gone down from 8 inch to 4 inch, really loving the non impact cardio (spin and swimming). Modifying is a good thing. I am excited to incorporate Feet Up into my yoga practice.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Steve4404 09-10-21 01:52 PM

Feet up

Hi Lollie:

So happy to help. I purchased mine at age 62 (I am 63 now) so its never too late. It took me a while to get upside down at first. I think the key is to just keep trying every day. I really think that being inverted for a few minutes every day has a lot of benefits. Please post and let us know how you like it.

Steve

lreidgreen 09-16-21 01:37 PM

I never heard about this piece of equipment before. I don't think I need/want it now but this forum is a wealth of information. Thanks!