Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   pilates teacher training (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231981)

buffmama 11-08-21 04:27 PM

pilates teacher training

I'm thinking about this for the future. I know we have a bunch of yoga teachers here but don't think I've heard of anyone becoming a pilates teacher. Am I wrong? Does anyone have any insight on this? TIA.

Jane P. 11-09-21 01:41 PM

I know that there are several organizations that provide certification. I believe the Stott organization does as well as BASI. You might call some Pilates studios in your area to see where they got their training.

This was something I wanted to pursue, until life circumstances prevented it.

I will look around and see if I can find out more.

Jane P. 11-09-21 04:24 PM

Check out the website of the Pilates Method Alliance. They have some helpful information for you. Good luck!

muddjeansgal 11-09-21 05:47 PM

I am currently going through a comprehensive 500 hour Pilates Teacher program. Feel free to ask any questions or message me.

buffmama 11-10-21 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane P. (Post 2946441)
Check out the website of the Pilates Method Alliance. They have some helpful information for you. Good luck!

Thank you Jane. I will look into that

JackieB 11-10-21 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddjeansgal (Post 2946446)
I am currently going through a comprehensive 500 hour Pilates Teacher program. Feel free to ask any questions or message me.

What teacher training are you doing? Is it self paced? Affordable?

buffmama 11-15-21 08:44 AM

Bumping hoping for more information.

muddjeansgal 11-15-21 10:32 PM

I'm on my last week of in person then have about 400 hours to complete of self practice, practice teaching, observations and online content. It's a lot and I'm pretty overwhelmed right now. I feel like it will all click into place eventually, but it has been an adjustment turning on my school learning brain again. Overall, I am happy I took this leap. If I can help in any way, let me know. I have some excellent instructors in my corner rooting for me so I am excited to see where this journey takes me.
I always wanted to teach fitness and here I am 52 finally doing it. Although Pilates is much more than fitness to me, it's a lifestyle.

Demeris 11-16-21 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2946507)
What teacher training are you doing? Is it self paced? Affordable?

Yes, many of us on the forum would like to know which training, cost, etc. Thanks.

muddjeansgal 11-16-21 10:47 PM

I'm going through Club Pilates. It is a comprehensive program covering Reformer, Mat, Chair, Cadillac, TRX, Spine Corrector, Ladder Barrel as well as some barre, recovery and lots of anatomy. It is very intense. 500 hours that includes in person and online content. The program is 5000.
It is technically a year long program to complete. I work full time as well as work part time at a Club Pilates so it will probably take me the entire year.
This program prepares you to teach anywhere. I want to teach at Club Pilates so will go on to do some more training at a later date because they have a structure to all their classes and I would have to complete that final piece.