Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   which you-tube pilates (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225411)

desie 03-08-19 02:39 PM

which you-tube pilates

I would like to do pilates as my morning workout, and I need to find a pilates youtube channel that I really like. I used to take pilates classes but that is not an option now, so I know the traditional movement sequences, and I have the muscle control through the core. I think I would like a total body focus, because it seems that I get muscle imbalances when I do parts workouts. I have tried a few channels and not found the one that I can stick with. Do you have any suggestions and why you like them?

toaster 03-08-19 03:30 PM

Desie, I'm no Pilates expert, and I don't do it nearly as much as I used to. I recently did find that I like Speir Pilates TV, although oddly, I don't like the main instructor, Andrea Speir (just do not click with her). I like Kate Rich, and I think I've tried at least one other.

LindaL 03-08-19 06:07 PM

Ange’s Pilates is also really super.

SandyO 03-09-19 08:50 AM

Another big fan of Ange's Pilates. The other channel I subscribe to is Trifecta Pilates.

Sandy O

killoffsonny 03-09-19 12:29 PM

Ange is my favorite pilates on youtube. Not the only one I use but she's my favorite.

lreidgreen 03-09-19 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyO (Post 2814568)
Another big fan of Ange's Pilates. The other channel I subscribe to is Trifecta Pilates.

Sandy O

Ditto, I really like both of these. I started using them about 2 months ago on Sandy's recommendation.
ETA: Why I like them: Ange's instruction and cueing are excellent. The workouts on both sites are challenging but not brutal like Linda Woolridge's workouts (which are really not Pilates anyway but just as a point of comparision) Also they both offer workouts of varying lengths and use small equipment effectively.

Pat58 03-10-19 09:35 AM

Ange's Pilates looks great! Happy that I peeped into this thread. I like her already just from a few previews.

Judith L 03-10-19 09:46 AM

Pilatesology offers a group of free videos on YouTube and Alisa Wyatt (the co-creator of Pilatesology) has a several videos under her own name on YT.

You might not want to subscribe to these but save some of them to a "Pilates" folder on YT.

ncl 03-10-19 11:19 AM

Thanks for the rec! We have lots of pilates studios around but most are 20 minutes from my home and I won't go that far. The ones in my small town I haven't liked the style of the teachers (one with not enough instruction about position, another who is not mindful enough and moves too fast), so would be lovely to have a home option.

Judith L 03-10-19 12:19 PM

"John Garey TV" pilates on YT is interesting. He trained under Stott and appears in a couple of the Stott dvds. He offers both reformer and mat workouts often including props, so this is not traditional Romana pilates, but I thinks he creates good fusion workouts and that he gives very good instruction. I find him very congenial and generous in his offerings.