Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 12-27-06, 01:12 PM  
Bunny

Pull Up Bar Recommendations

My New Year's resolution is to be able to do REAL pull ups, so I want to get a pull up bar and some of the Iron Woody bands. Is the Beachbody pull up bar any good? I need one that I can put on the door frame and remove when I'm finished.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 04:22 PM  
coyotex

I just got a pull up bar from TJMaxx for $10. It looks like it will work but I'm scared to try it on a door frame because I'm afraid it may rip the frame off the door. Has anyone tried these door frame pull up bars and can give some sort of indication on how they've worked out?

Also, I need an alternative to this type of bar. Any recommendations as to what else to use?

"The Excellence of Execution"
"The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be"
coyotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 07:46 AM  
carolb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotex
I just got a pull up bar from TJMaxx for $10. It looks like it will work but I'm scared to try it on a door frame because I'm afraid it may rip the frame off the door. Has anyone tried these door frame pull up bars and can give some sort of indication on how they've worked out?

Also, I need an alternative to this type of bar. Any recommendations as to what else to use?
We have one that I got from Amazon. I've seen the ones from TJMaxx, and they look pretty much the same, although I'm not positive. My 210 lb. husband uses this with no problem. My 11 year old daughter can do an unassisted pull-up (but I can't ). I've never heard on anyone having a problem with these (excepting that some people's doors are too wide, or their moulding is too deep).

Carol
carolb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 08:06 AM  
Janzia
VF Supporter

I also have the one from Amazon and have had no problems with it. I think it's the best deal too at $27.99 with free shipping.

I also got the Iron Woody assisted pull up band package a bit cheaper at http://www.hammarsports.com/Fitness_Bands.html. They shipped quickly but did not send an order or shipping confirmation which had me worried at first.

HTH!
Jeanette

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."~John "the Penguin" Bingham
Janzia is offline   Reply With Quote