Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-21-20, 12:33 PM  
Vantreesta

November 2020 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 12:34 PM  
Vantreesta

With turning 45 this month I would really like to shake things up and make some changes in my life but I'm struggling to find confidence in myself that I can actually do it.

Vannie's November Goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

1. Up by 6:00 AM on weekdays (EC: 1 pt for getting up as soon as first alarm goes off)
2. In bed by 10:30 PM (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
3. Post on the forum at least 4 days/week
4. Watch church on Sundays I'm home or later in the week if I'm not

5. Stop eating by 9:45 PM (EC for brushing teeth then instead of waiting till bedtime)
6. Protein for breakfast 5x/week
7. No seconds at supper 5x/week
8. Eat veggies daily

9. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week

10. DHR Rowvember challenge (daily)
11. Strength training 3 days/week
12. Yoga/stretch 5 days/week
13. Pilates 3 days/week
14. Lower body rehab 5 days/week
15. Jump rope 2 days/week
16. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. New workout done
4. Walk/run total 4 miles with Cyric in a day
5. Complete all tasks on daily to do list

Max possible points: ( avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): ( avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-21-20, 04:52 PM  
MathTeacher

Pilates by Lisa
Drink Water
Noom
Post Work out

Bonus
PBL 5 minutes more
Stay under personal budget

1 - Two Week Turn Around Upper and Lower + Stretch
2 - Two Week Turn Around Power Walk
3 - Two Week Turn Around Total Body + Stretch
4 - Two Week Turnaround Interval Walk
6 - PBL Standing Stretch
7 - Lake Como Upper Body

9 - PBL Hips, Butt and Thighs
10 - PBL Every Day Arms
12 - PBL Side Lying Legs
13 - PBL Target Your Trouble Zone Arms and Back
14 - PBL Standing Stretch

15 - PBL Skinny Sculpt
16 - PBL Slimming Stretch
17 - Callanetics
18 - Callanetics
19 - Callanetics

Old 10-24-20, 11:22 AM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-20, 12:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Welcome, Mell! It's nice to have you join us!

Old 10-24-20, 08:44 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 09:46 AM  
MathTeacher

Hi Mell! I'm glad you are joining us.

November???! How did that happen??!!!
Old 11-01-20, 10:12 AM  
Vantreesta

I have always loved Halloween and have very fond memories of trick or treating as kids. We lived on a farm in the country so Mom would drive us into the town where we went to church and we would go to houses there since we knew almost everyone. I think most years we then went the few miles to the town where we got groceries and any other shopping and would stop at my grandparents' house and my great grandma's when she was alive plus the stores. Maybe those memories are part of why I love Halloween so much. Going through my mom's stuff I found one of my very favorite books as a kid, which is called Trick or Treat. We had looked for it before, thinking it was with our stuff but it actually was with her school stuff. I'm so happy to have found it! I plan to read it today since I was too caught up in movies and stuff yesterday.

I have all sorts of thoughts in my head for the month but never got an actual plan laid out so I will be doing that today. I did sign up for Rowvember and got the first workout email today. I was hoping they would be YouTube workouts but they are just written. Fortunately today's is for time. I don't have a monitor on my cheap rower so if he starts doing them for distance it won't be as easy since I'll have to find a way to guesstimate.

I sat outside last night for the trick or treating, about 2 hours (usually more like 3 hours). The temp wasn't too bad but wind was over 20 mph so it was still pretty cold. I ended up having to pop into the house for gloves and then for a blanket and then to swap my sneakers for boots. I had talked to a neighbor and she said they and some others were sitting outside just figuring it would have some less covid risk. I had enough candy for about twice as many kids (ended up with about 140 kids, compared to 220 last year) so we have a lot left. I made myself feel kinda rotten last night from eating so much. I made popcorn to go with my movie so I hate to think how much more candy I would have eaten without that! It was ridiculous, I really was bad as a kid. I have separated out some candy for myself so that hopefully it will help me control myself. Everything is going in the freezer so it won't stare us in the face till it's gone. By having my stash the hope is that I will use it wisely and not feel like I have to eat some NOW before hubby eats it all. I hope this works bc I am at my highest weight and feeling very discouraged about it.

My 80yo great uncle is in the hospital with double pneumonia and his covid test came back positive yesterday. They are treating him with steroids and breathing treatments and he says he is feeling some better. His son has it, daughter-in-law is sick but supposedly negative, daughter tested positive but is asymptomatic. A friend of mine found out her whole family has covid. I wish a magic wand could return us to the way life was in 2019. Well, I wish for a better world than that, but this one is particularly rotten.

Old 11-01-20, 03:44 PM  
Leonana

Three strength workouts per week
Yoga once a week
Cardio three times a week, including my exercise bike
Eat more fruits and vegetables and less sweets
Stop reading the news on my phone

I guess I can post my workouts here too, along with the Jessica Smith thread.

1 Rest day
2 Strictly Strength workout from Jessica Smith Get Strong dvd
3 Two hours of walking at Goodwills
4 JS You Tube Back Friendly Strength workout and some house cleaning
5 No workout. Two hours of my volunteer filing
6 Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones
7 Rest day
8 40 minutes on exercise bike
9 JS You Tube 20 Minute Back Friendly Strength workout and 8 Minute Total Body Sculpt Express
10 Lots of walking around Goodwill and Costco.
11 JS Walk Strong 2 Total Body
12 Exercise bike
13 Rest Day
14 JS You Tube workout, Total Body Standing Strength
15 JS 21 Day dvd Low Impact HIIT
16 You Tube workout from Five Parks Yoga, Yoga with Weights
17 Walking
18 Premix 1 from KCM dvd
19 Riding on exercise bike
20 JS You Tube 20 Minute Back Friendly Strength Workout
21 Rest day
22 Rest day
23 JS Strictly Strength from the Get Strong dvd
24 Walking
25 10MS Amy Bento Tone Trouble Zones-Upper, Lower and Total body
26 JS Fall Back Into Fitness Stretch on you tube
27 Exhale Core Fusion Body Sculpt
28 Flat Belly Workout with Ellen Barrett
29 JS 15 Minute Yoga from Fusion Fix
30 Rest Day

And I'm done!
Old 11-01-20, 03:46 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, and that's good he is feeling better. I hope the families recover soon.

That's great you found your Trick or Treat book. Something positive is always good. We didn't get any trick or treaters this year, but I usually only get around six anyway. I guess our area doesn't have a lot of kids, plus we're surrounded by more expensive homes. Kids probably think there is better luck elsewhere, lol.