Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-19, 07:11 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

How would you rank Lauren Brooks' DVDs from easiest to hardest?

I'm itching to buy some more of Lauren's DVD workouts. Which ones are your favorites and how would you rank them according to difficulty? I really prefer to get the ones with outdoor settings.

The only one I have is Kettlebell Body. Thanks in advance for enabling me!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 08:51 AM  
bubbles76

I'd be interested to know too. Big Bubble bought a couple for me during her sale, but I don't think it's still going on. How do you like Kettlebell Body? That's one of the dvds Big Bubble got for me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 09:11 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'd be interested to know too. Big Bubble bought a couple for me during her sale, but I don't think it's still going on. How do you like Kettlebell Body? That's one of the dvds Big Bubble got for me.
I’m also interested. I, too purchased a few DVDs during the sale. I’ve just used part of one but was really impressed with Lauren’s instruction.

As for the sale I thought Lauren said that it would run as long as DVDs remain.

I’ve no interest in the playground because of the way it was rolled out. Discount it, then raise the price, then close access. That’s a fairly transparent membership grab others have used in the past. For me it’s a huge turn off. I also don’t see myself using KBs enough to make it worthwhile. I add them on or use them when time is tight. Lauren’s dvds look perfect for this purpose.

Her shipping, which will soon be a moot point, is high but she ships lightening fast! I couldn’t believe how fast I got my order.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 01:16 PM  
bubbles76

You're right Lannette! Yesterday when I went to check, I didn't see a spot to put in the code. I must have overlooked it because it's there today.

Her shipping IS high. And the dvds took a week to arrive for me, so not quick. I also noticed she shipped media mail. She must handle the shipping in house, as shipping for my dvds was a little over $11 and what was actually posted on the envelope for media mail was $2.75.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-09-19, 01:55 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I've been playing with the shipping and it can be cheaper if you're wanting to order several to divide the order into two separate orders.

Bubbles, I confess I've only previewed The Kettlebell Body and I really like what I see. I get my kettlebell tomorrow. I'm having fun researching what I might like to buy. What was the other DVD that you bought?

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 02:00 PM  
bubbles76

Susan I got Kettlebell Body, Shut Up and Train, and Kettlebell Revelation. I already owned her first one, and am contemplating the second. I think that would be it for me though, as her others seem too hard or too cardio focused.
Old 06-09-19, 05:04 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I have Lauren's UBSC-I, SU&T, and KBody and love them for the short workouts. Thinking now of taking advantage of the sale and getting one or two. Trying to decide between: Revelation, UBSC-2, and KLightning. Can Revelation be done w/o 2 KBs of equal wts? I'm interested in strength rather than a cardio effect. Recommendations, please.
Old 06-09-19, 05:35 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith L View Post
I have Lauren's UBSC-I, SU&T, and KBody and love them for the short workouts. Thinking now of taking advantage of the sale and getting one or two. Trying to decide between: Revelation, UBSC-2, and KLightning. Can Revelation be done w/o 2 KBs of equal wts? Recommendations, please.
I haven’t done Revelation in a while but I found a statement on YouTube from Lauren in response to someone asking about double bells. She said they are not. You could do one side at a time. My suggestion as well is in certain situations like a double squat or double cleans is you could use two bells of different weights and just rotate which side has the lighter bell each time you do the workout.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 06:12 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I haven’t done Revelation in a while but I found a statement on YouTube from Lauren in response to someone asking about double bells. She said they are not. You could do one side at a time. My suggestion as well is in certain situations like a double squat or double cleans is you could use two bells of different weights and just rotate which side has the lighter bell each time you do the workout.
Thanks! That was what I thought would be suggested and am happy that is so.

ETA: Went ahead and ordered the three I was considering.
Old 06-09-19, 08:31 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

My ranking, easiest to hardest, in my collection (and I have most of her DVDs because I'm just never going to get a membership to anything at the rate I'm going... I like variety too much and it's good to be able to cross-train and work around injuries with the nice collection I have at home):
  1. Shut Up and Train
  2. Luscious & Lean
  3. Kettlebell Incinerator - my very favorite!
  4. Vol 1 - runner-up for favorite
  5. Vol 2 - tied for runner-up for favorite
  6. Sexy Strength
  7. Kettlebell Lightning
  8. Kettlebell Body
  9. Kettlebell Revelation
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren brooks