Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-08-18, 10:55 AM  
shoegoddess

What are your fav Barre DVDs for lower body?

I'm doing Piloxing and Barre work this month to see how my body reacts. I have several Barre DVDs for lower body and am loving the work. So Hard What are your favorite DVDs (I'm not into streaming) for thigh/seat work?
TIA

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 11:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

callanetics 10/10 and quick callanetics hips and behind.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 11:19 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped Bounce and Flat Belly Barre. She does this seesaw move that really gets the glutes. (I have her other DVDs but haven't done them.) Also, any Bar Method - all those tucks.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 11:25 AM  
starbelly

I love workouts that use a small inflatable ball for extra resistance. Some of my favorites for this are out of print, but widely available on ebay and amazon.

Pure Barre Pershing Square (1 and 2)
Pure Barre Mile High (1 and 2)-- short, but effective

The original Pure Barre video is also a nice challenge, but has been out of print for a long time and may be harder to come across.

While it is not a barre video, Bottom Line, Core Defined has great glute activation work using a loop band.

If you like loop band work, Barlates has a good series using the band available as a DVD.

Ballet Physique had 2 DVDs a few (or more) years ago: Signature Sculpt and Amped up.

I also like Pure Barre's Resistance Series (I like 1 and 4, 2 and 3 not so much). This uses double tubing which can be hard to find. Pure Barre Pure Results Seat is tough!

Element Barre Conditioning has 2 lower body workouts and I found them both fairly challenging.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 11:26 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I second Suzanne Bowen's Flat Belly Barre & Barre Amped Bounce! Both are my favorites out of all of her DVDs!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 11:47 AM  
Pam

Pure Barres and get the core as well as th lower body in the same workout.
Old 02-08-18, 06:20 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I've been into P57 lately...so Thigh & Seat Booster, and the leg/seat chapters of their full length workouts, all offer about 30 minutes of tough lower body.

Ballet Body - lower body DVD and the lower body chapter of the full body DVD. Also tons of downloads that are LB focused.

I second the recommendation for Ballet Physique and Bar Method. Pure Barre is super fun (the new ones) but it moves fast between moves and doesn't have the same burnout as these other workouts.

What about Booty Barre? Tough lower body when you single out the "booty barre" chapters of her full length workouts.

Barlates: TONS of DVDs and freebie youtube workouts that target the lower body.

Exhale Core Fusion: Thighs & Glutes is a little less energetic (more Callanetics style) but is very good lower body work.

Callanetics Express: Lower Body chapter is also very good and tough.
Old 02-08-18, 08:32 PM  
pollytc

Barlates is GREAT barre work for your lower body. Linda has so many offerings that can appeal to accessories you like to use or have...bodyweight only, tubes, loops, bands, balls, Pilates ring. Linda is one of my favorite instructors right now.
Old 02-09-18, 12:23 PM  
Shelbygirl

I pretty much like anything by Suzanne Bowen, especially the Barre Amped set. (Except for the Barre Amped cardio DVD; that one is the opposite of intense for me).

I even like her pre-natal barre workouts; they provide a great burn even if you are not pregnant.

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-18, 12:28 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I'm not a huge fan of barre, but always enjoyed anything put out by Tracy Effinger (the Squeeze series) -- serious burning, good music, not so many repetitions that I would get bored.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure barre resistance