Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-13, 02:36 PM  
mamaste

Colleen and Rodney together is kind of nauseating. I get it, you're really into each other. But please save it for the bedroom and get it off my yoga video. Either of them alone is often great. I have Colleen's Yoga for Weightloss and love it.

This one is on my ever growing wish list.
Old 09-05-13, 03:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda H View Post
bzar - irritated and more was what I was!! I paid for Rodney and his name is on the cover. At least Colleen only got 5 minutes. And what did she say that would be of help to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Colleen and Rodney together is kind of nauseating. I get it, you're really into each other. But please save it for the bedroom and get it off my yoga video. Either of them alone is often great. I have Colleen's Yoga for Weightloss and love it.

This one is on my ever growing wish list.
yes, we came to the concert to see Rodney!!!!! i know his 1st wife was in 1-2 videos, but for whatever reason, that doesn't really bug me too much since i never owned any of those. it's just that i've only used videos w/only him in it from the first rodney video that i owned.

also, for Exhale Core Fusion, Fred and Liz are totally OK for me. i have nothing against a married couple team-teaching. and the vibe of them together is very professional and not like "oh honey, yes, you can be in my video."

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 04:29 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Diana, I could have fallen asleep on the floor after the second practice on the disc I will definitely use it at night in the future! I haven't tried the other practices yet. This one has many forward bends, and they are supposed to help with relaxation and preparing you for sleep.

Sherry
Thank you for the info. If there's too much movement during the workout, it will literally keep me awake rather than relax me for bed

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-13, 11:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

VERY HUGE THUMBS UP!

last night, i got to try the second practice "Gentle Relaxation." the chair really helps to widen your lungs and get a very full-bodied inhalation. you feel the effects all the way into your sacrum.

on one of the threads, maybe this one, i flippantly said that any chair will do, and i said this just by looking at the clips. yet in actuality, for this particular practice, you'll need a chair where you can extend your legs straight out in front, underneath whatever surface you plan to lean on.

some of the poses require sitting on the floor, head and arms resting on the chair seat, extending one leg straight out in front of you, the other leg bent, and flat on the floor, pointing to the side.

it was 22 min long, and just really fantastic. you really feel your lower back "in traction" when you're resting your head and arms on the chair.

before you rest your head on the chair, he has you straighten your spine by pressing your hands on the floor on each side of your buttocks; then right after that, you lift your hands toward the ceiling (butt grounded on the floor) and then rest your hands and head on the chair.

next time, i'll be placing my yoga blocks on either side of me to really lift me up and totally straighten my spine.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 06:15 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Mine is a real mini - you could carry it to wait on line for Black Friday, for example - this is even more plush than mine:
Hey, I have this chair! I use it to put my laptop on to play my dvds though.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 07:30 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Linda - i was slightly irritated when i saw colleen. she's not horribly bad - i have some other videos where she's been given a gratuitous role. but if they break up in the future, she'll still be in the video!!!!! besides, the video says "Rodney Yee" not "RY + CS" !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeannine, ITA. There's nothing wrong with her per se, I just don't really click with her, and I don't think it's fair to market a DVD as "Rodney Yee" and then throw Colleen in for a segment or two--that's annoyed me about all of his recent videos! Either let her do her own DVD or clearly market it as a joint effort.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 07:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
... on one of the threads, maybe this one, i flippantly said that any chair will do, and i said this just by looking at the clips. yet in actuality, for this particular practice, you'll need a chair where you can extend your legs straight out in front, underneath whatever surface you plan to lean on.
Thank you for the additional feedback on the chair requirements. I do not think my little folding number will work for this, but I don't have any chairs like the one he's using in the house. If I see one cheap at Ocean State Job Lot, that can fold, I "might" get it and the video because your descriptions sound exactly like what my poor back needs.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 03:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
Pat - you'll be sorry you waited.
Not too sorry! Just put in my Amazon cart for $6.46.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 03:18 PM  
sherry7899

Funny this thread came up-I just did the Awaken and Energize practice from it this morning.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 03:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, that is a good price! Did you order? I actually think a folding chair would be fine since that is exactly what I use! Alternately, I also think you could use a low table so long as the legs are in the corners. Did you look at the clips?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair yoga, rodney yee