Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Bargain Watch

Old 07-15-13, 12:35 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Costco - Zumba Exhilarate 5 disc set

Item #777920
2 toning sticks (green)
5 DVDs

the Costco sign said "plus bonus CD" but i couldn't find anything on the box describing a bonus CD included.

Drax the Destroyer: I can barely see.
[Groot releases the 'fireflies' from his body]
Drax the Destroyer: Where did you learn to do that?
Peter Quill: I'm pretty sure the answer is "I am Groot." Guardians of the Galaxy, 2014

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 12:50 AM  
Susan

Our Costco also had Zumba Gold for around $47 or $48, and the package said it included some sort of bonus Zumba music CD.

I didn't buy it, because I bought it for a cheaper price months ago on Amazon (without the bonus CD.)
Old 08-06-13, 01:48 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

wanted to post what DVDs were included:

in the $56.99 set:
Step By Step
Activate
Ripped + Mix (2 workouts)
Exhilarate
Rush (touted as a "bonus" workout)

.... + Green toning sticks

in the $47.99 set:
Step By Step
Cardio

....+ Gold toning sticks

....+ CD music called "Best of Live It Up" soundtrack

Peter Quill: I'm pretty sure the answer is "I am Groot." Guardians of the Galaxy, 2014

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 08-06-13, 01:51 PM  
Susan

If I'm not mistaken, the Costco Exhilarate set is the smaller version of the two Exhilarate sets that are available. I'm not positive, but I think the Costco set is missing the chair workout and the Fitness Concert workout DVD. If that's the case, I think the set is cheaper at Amazon. I know I only paid $45.00 when I bought it, and I think it's around $50 right now -- but I didn't get the bonus music CD that's included in the Costco set. (I wouldn't have used the CD, anyway, but others might want it.)
Old 08-06-13, 07:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi Susan,

The Gold kit looked as though it was the only one with the CD audio disc, when looking at the box labels for Gold and the Exhilarate.

The Gold kit didn't seem like it had much for what you were paying. The Gold box label didn't reveal how many minutes were on the "Cardio" disc.

Old 08-06-13, 09:51 PM  
Susan

Oops -- you're right about the Gold set being the one with the music CD.

You really don't get a whole lot in the Gold set -- I bought mine on Amazon for $35.99 when it was a Gold Box deal, and I thought it was a decent deal at that price, even though it's really only 2 workouts plus the Step-by-Step DVD.

If I recall correctly, the Cardio workout in the Gold set is about 45 minutes long.
Old 08-07-13, 02:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Oops -- you're right about the Gold set being the one with the music CD.

You really don't get a whole lot in the Gold set -- I bought mine on Amazon for $35.99 when it was a Gold Box deal, and I thought it was a decent deal at that price, even though it's really only 2 workouts plus the Step-by-Step DVD.

If I recall correctly, the Cardio workout in the Gold set is about 45 minutes long.
it is confusing - i think the Costco placard for Exhilarate says there's a "bonus" CD, but that's not true.

if you spend a little less than $10 more, you get so much more in content.

i got the Exhilarate from a Craigslist seller. i was so lucky - i paid $60 for the Exhilarate and WW Punch kit together!!!

i love the chair workout from Exhilarate. it's one of my favorites. watching Beto reminded me of Fred Astaire!

Old 08-07-13, 10:20 AM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
it is confusing - i think the Costco placard for Exhilarate says there's a "bonus" CD, but that's not true.

if you spend a little less than $10 more, you get so much more in content.

i got the Exhilarate from a Craigslist seller. i was so lucky - i paid $60 for the Exhilarate and WW Punch kit together!!!

i love the chair workout from Exhilarate. it's one of my favorites. watching Beto reminded me of Fred Astaire!
Wow -- $60 was a great deal! I really like the Punch kit, too -- probably more than I like the Zumba set.
Old 08-08-13, 06:21 AM  
Smitty

The Exhilarate set does include a bonus cd called Dance Party. It includes Zumba fitness tracks and chart hits. There are 12 tracks on the cd. I got this set at Costco and really like it.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-13, 05:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
The Exhilarate set does include a bonus cd called Dance Party. It includes Zumba fitness tracks and chart hits. There are 12 tracks on the cd. I got this set at Costco and really like it.
that's very interesting because the costco Exhilarate box label didn't list the Dance Party, IIRC, - - - does your box label have that written on there?

my Exhilarate didn't come with the CD! the lady i got it from said she bought hers from the infomercial.

i would have liked the CD, though! maybe i should go look in my box to see if it's hiding somewhere in there. if not, this must be a Costco Exclusive.