Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-13, 03:53 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

fedex question : how good is the estimated delivery date & time ?

i'm expecting a small Beachbody package that i'm tracking on Fedex.com.

it arrived in the honolulu sorting facility last night at 9 PM. i live on the same island as Honolulu, about a 20 min drive from the fedex facility, which is near the airport.

the tracking page, ETA says Monday, 7:30 PM!

it was sent 2nd day air, and i had assumed they'd deliver on the weekends. i mean, today IS saturday, and hoped they'd deliver today.

this would be a residential delivery, in case that makes a difference.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 07:32 PM  
flowerpotcat

I used their service a few months ago and from my experience, they seem to be fairly accurate. I don't think they deliver on Saturday unless the sender instructed and paid for that. Hope you get your package sooner.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 08:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

In my experience, they were always spot-on.
Old 01-26-13, 08:36 PM  
CatInTheHat

7:30 pm is the end of the shift most likely, so you'll get it by 7:30 but probably much sooner - after they do all the first a.m. priority deliveries.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 08:47 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpotcat View Post
I used their service a few months ago and from my experience, they seem to be fairly accurate. I don't think they deliver on Saturday unless the sender instructed and paid for that. Hope you get your package sooner.
Ditto. The 2 day service has a Saturday delivery option but only for the extra fee. The expected delivery date/time listed by Fedex has always been very accurate in my experience.

ETA: In Fedex language, 2 days means 2 business days unless you pay extra. Tedious rules for the enthusiastic vidiot
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-13, 02:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thank you for all of your comments. my one concern is that if they decide to deliver while we're at work, no one will be here to receive it.

i rarely deal with Fedex (more experience with UPS), and IIRC, if they don't leave it at your house, they might not make a second attempt. i recall once having to drive to their facility to get it because they wouldn't redirect.

i had no idea that the beachbody order taker was going to send it FedEx. this was a correction of a "wrong product delivered" issue. i didn't ask for expedited remedy - i just wanted the correct product sent to me! i was willing to wait. i only found out about the shipping method when i got my email shipping notice.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 01-27-13, 02:55 PM  
Messe

When I know a package that requires a signature is on its way and I'm not going to be home, I leave a note on my front door asking that it be left at the door and sign the note.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-13, 04:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
When I know a package that requires a signature is on its way and I'm not going to be home, I leave a note on my front door asking that it be left at the door and sign the note.
is it possible to contact them and ask them to leave it behind the gate?

we have a locked gate in front of our house, and i don't want people seeing the note, and then picking off the package before we get home.