Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-08, 07:08 AM  
daisyduke

Hey Daisy -
Great job on your weight loss! It will come off again for sure!

Just wondering which Leslie's you think are the most difficult.

Thanks so much!
Much love!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 07:45 AM  
daisysunshine

DaisyD thanks!

The most difficult one I have for sure is 3 mile weight loss walk, because Mary Kay leads that mile, and she doesn't really talk to you, she doesn't go, "Well, if this is too difficult," she just makes you GO. Also 4 fast miles (with 5 jogging intervals) REALLY difficult. 1 Mile JOG is veeeeeeeeeery difficult, as well as 5 mile walk (the first one)

(I wonder if it's the jogging interverals that are hurting my back that's so strange becuse i was able to jog before.. I've finally sucumbed and i'm going to see the doctor it reallly really hurts now, like my side, my hip, where my leg meets my waist, and now the other hip is making noise too. I'm breaking down at 25! :cry: )

I hope those suggestions help you my fellow Daisy!

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 07:55 AM  
jazzy75

Thanks for this post....I'm an intensity junkie too but starting to clue in there may be a better way...or at least more than one way. I always shunned Leslie workouts as beginner but this thread pulled me in and I see you gals are getting serious workouts and results. I went right to the library website and sure enough they have 3 or 4 Leslie DVDs so I ordered a couple to try out on loan. Can't wait to check them out.

Plus, I'm currently 13 weeks with baby #3 so will be forced to tone down the impact a bit later on so perhpas these may fit the bill
Old 09-19-08, 08:35 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwinter
. So, my question is - does Leslie's dvds work? I'm thinking about incorporating her dvds with Ellen's for a month and see where this goes.

I find them very easy to modify up to make it more intense:

Hold 1-2 pound hand weights
Jog when she marches
Speed skaters when she does side to side
Jumping jacks for hamstring curls
Kickboxing kicks for Leslie's kicks

And yes, they work. They are great as-is for steady-state cardio.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 08:45 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp
...skaters for the sidesteps (ala Cathe or Charlene), big knees (Charlene) for the knee lifts.
I've done this when coming back to exercise after a lay-off (unintentional, and for no good reason!). I didn't feel ready for Cathe intensity, and it was very encouraging to be able to 'modify UP' instead of DOWN.

I kind of poo-poo Leslie's workouts, but I have to say I haven't really given them much of a shot, except when coming back to exercise and when I was looking for workouts to use on the rebounder. I also prefer actual outside walking to walking in place. But maybe I'm not giving her workouts enough of a chance?

I'll have to consider them (since I have about 6 in my collection), especially on those days when I have a hard time getting myself to workout.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 11:55 AM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

I used to do Cathe-type cardio all the time, lots of high impact....and honestly hated every minute of it.

A few years ago, I decided to go all low-impact and eventually acquired my first Leslie (I now pretty much have them all!).

Leslie workouts and Anni's Life Force and Jump Force workouts have become an integral part of my routine. I love the simplicity. I love I don't have to worry about learning any difficult step routines (I'm notoriously klutzy).

AND I find I seem to have more energy. Whereas when I was doing high impact, it seemed to "suck" the energy out of me for the day (think needing a nap by the afternoon!).

Now I keep my Cathe's for weight training only - and stick with my Leslie and Leslie-type workouts for all my cardio.

It works for me anyway!

Terri

Crap happens in bunches - Beth

Just 'cuz I want to be a hermit doesn't mean I don't get lonely - DonnaB

What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear - Eagles
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 02:01 PM  
PhyllisG

Terri I agree with you completely. I too was doing Cathe's cardio and by the late afternoon I was beat plus I was starting to dread them. Then I got some Leslie's and I feel so much better. Now I am off to view Life Force. I just had it with that hi intensity hi impact step and learning the routine. Never thought I would say this but it is true.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 02:41 PM  
marzey2

for everyone getting great results with Leslie can you tell me which dvd's you used and how often please? I usually run or do intervals on the eliptical and i don't ever lose a pound. i would love to try less intensity for better results. i have never tried Leslie before.
Maryann
marzey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 04:29 PM  
daisysunshine

Marzey: honestly do walk slim (if you like intevals). i did 4 miles a day (plus normal every day walking) and as I mentioned lost 60 in a year and veeery slender (went from XXXL to a KOREAN Large; so you KNOW that's tiny; Korean Large is like the US medium on a good day and a US/Canadian Medium/Small depending on the brand of clothes. my feet also went from a 11 wide to a size 9 normal and my hands and wrists got tiny as well. All from Leslie)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 10:28 PM  
sammycakes

This is the one that I think is the toughest:
http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone.../dp/B00022EEX0
It's an older Walkaerobics and all the gals are really young and wear awful neon. It's about 4 miles with jogging intervals and a bunch of simple buns/thighs floorwork at the end. I have actually dripped sweat on my mat while doing the floorwork after the walk!
sammycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 mile jog, hardest leslie sansone, leslie sansone, leslie success