Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-15, 03:37 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Going back to the premix stuff, I have to say the MOST important thing to me that I really really hope she sticks to is good chaptering! This makes it possible to make your own premixes with the Workout Blender On Demand. Without that, it is so frustrating. The no-name series she did with X10, LLA, GG, etc. had TERRIBLE chaptering and you can't even make decent premixes with the Workout Blender. Good chaptering is way more important to me than the premixes. Fingers crossed on that one!!
Old 10-26-15, 04:05 PM  
Sara1000

That was a very impressive description of how the music for STS was created. I wonder why I disliked it so much?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 04:31 PM  
ellaenchanted

I am only interested in download. I've never use the workout blender. Does it work well or is it glitchy?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 04:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
It's weird that they created the Workout Blender, made a whole video ad for it, and they have access to the kind of premixes their users create, and they still made such lame, cut and paste premixes...
I'm wondering if that's exactly why they've quit making good premixes -- they feel they don't have to do that work -- it'll be done for them for free.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 05:07 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I don't believe for a minute that this is an instructor-free forum. Every instructor I've met at fitness conferences or trips admitted being here at one time or another. Some closely monitored VF regularly (although I won't mention anyone specifically in New Jersey who banned VFers from his partner's forum for badmouthing her here.)
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 05:09 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Since its come up, does everybody agree that this event in 2010 had a chilling effect on Cathe's forum, and anybody who wanted to give constructive criticism just melted away from there? I haven't looked at her forum in a long time, but when I used to look there from time to time, that was the sense I got.
Yes, totally, you said it perfectly! At the time I was a very active poster there, and just starting here, or maybe just reading here. After that whole debacle, I just didn't want to post there much anymore, I wasn't even taking a stand or anything, it was just the vibe, it wasn't fun anymore. I wanted a diverse group of opinions and I was expanding my DVD horizons anyway, so it just made all the sense to move on over here.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 05:46 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I used to be a regular poster. In fact some of my very best friends are from the original Cathe forums. This was back before P90X and working out at home became common. What a great group of people! Now, I don't even visit. I find no value in a uni-lateral point of view. I love Cathe's workouts, and I like her personality that comes across, but I have no desire to meet her in person. I'm sure she's lovely in person, though.
I met you through Cathe's forum and will always be grateful to it for that! (I was "crazystepr" on there). I haven't visited that forum in ages now. Years and years. It became cult-like and anyone who disagreed with Cathe or Chris or SNM was attacked.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 07:53 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
That was my thread and most people who offered any constructive criticism had their post deleted and they were banned from the forum. Chris called those people (customers) "weeds" which I thought was incredibly rude. Interestingly, I was not banned! I haven't purchased anything from Cathe since then and don't go to her forum. I was appalled by the way they treated customers.

Erica
Yeah, I remember that. Erica, you really got unfairly beaten up IMHO. It was ugly. I agree that the sense of "fun" that that forum had kind of faded after that, even if a lot of posters didn't say anything at the time. Disagreement doesn't always mean rude. I guess Cathe's people have the forum that they want now, and all of us "weeds" are not posting there anymore.

I'm glad there are premixes, but I agree that they aren't very exciting. I actually did like the ones she did on the "party rockin'" step workouts where she combined some combos from the first and second DVD. Wish she would do that again.

Last edited by cataddict; 10-27-15 at 12:19 PM. Reason: oops! don't remember putting an exclamation point icon?
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 08:06 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
I met you through Cathe's forum and will always be grateful to it for that! (I was "crazystepr" on there). I haven't visited that forum in ages now. Years and years. It became cult-like and anyone who disagreed with Cathe or Chris or SNM was attacked.
I remember you CrazyStepper! It was great then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I don't believe for a minute that this is an instructor-free forum. Every instructor I've met at fitness conferences or trips admitted being here at one time or another. Some closely monitored VF regularly (although I won't mention anyone specifically in New Jersey who banned VFers from his partner's forum for badmouthing her here.)
In a way, instructors would be stupid if they did not check in with us here. We are a wealth of information. That being said, they cannot peruse the forums, get the valuable consumer feedback and then get upset because they don't like what they hear. This is the 21st century and that is the way social media works. Get over yourself.
Old 10-27-15, 03:46 AM  
nckfitheart

Lightbulb chaptering

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Going back to the premix stuff, I have to say the MOST important thing to me that I really really hope she sticks to is good chaptering! This makes it possible to make your own premixes with the Workout Blender On Demand. Without that, it is so frustrating. The no-name series she did with X10, LLA, GG, etc. had TERRIBLE chaptering and you can't even make decent premixes with the Workout Blender. Good chaptering is way more important to me than the premixes. Fingers crossed on that one!!
To add my 2 cents to what you have quoted above, I am hoping all glitches will be looked after so we can blend our own premixes smoothly.

Someone asked a question about chaptering and here is the answer:
================================================== ========

Pretty much every exercise will have a chapter on DVDs where this is applicable. Obviously something like a Kickbox workout doesn't really have exercises, but instead it has choreography and combos. Most of the DVDs are comprised of "Exercises", so most will have a chapter for each exercise including all of the Muscle Meltdowns and ICY Core workouts.

================================================== ========
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action