Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-15, 09:26 AM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
It will be interesting to see how these DVDs really are. Remember we are only getting a snippet of the workout. I don't like see all the high impact stuff and hoping the workout flow is less advanced.
That's what I keep hoping for. However, I feel for me that moves like air jacks, jumping squats, jumping on and off the step, etc. are not intermediate moves. Maybe I am confusing advanced with high impact. As someone else said, for Cathe to be out of breath and huffing/puffing, doesn't bode well for someone like me who was really looking for intermediate...

I also thought Cathe said someone would be modifying all the high impact moves. That does not show in the clips. Amanda is doing a lot of the high impact moves with the rest of the crew.

I guess I really should stop complaining and just cancel my pre-order...

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 10:38 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Cathe answered a question on Facebook regarding a Greatest Hits DVD and her reply was that she does not think this will be done due to the low interest in DVDs! i wonder how long she will continue to put out these sets

sue
I hope that Cathe still continues to put out complete sets of workouts, even if not on DVD. (I can understand the reluctance to continue with actual DVD sets - expensive to produce, take up warehouse space, shipping costs, etc.)

I love streaming and her live workouts, but nothing compares to a complete, well-planned system of complementary workouts.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 10:43 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Not liking the kickbox that was shown. I still think KPC was her best and only kickbox workout of hers that I do. So I'm a little disappointed.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 11:05 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
It will be interesting to see how these DVDs really are. Remember we are only getting a snippet of the workout. I don't like see all the high impact stuff and hoping the workout flow is less advanced.
Same here. I'm trying to keep in mind that we are only seeing clips and maybe the overall workout is less intense.

Cathe commented about rest periods, and she said there are longer rest periods in this series:

"...Yes there are longer rests in these workouts. We also have given premixes that will help to make a higher intermediate workout seem less intense (ie...Rock'm Sock'm has a "no jacks" pre-mix."

Sooo...longer rest periods and shorter workouts just might be enough for me to not cancel my pre-order.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 02:49 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
That's what I keep hoping for. However, I feel for me that moves like air jacks, jumping squats, jumping on and off the step, etc. are not intermediate moves. Maybe I am confusing advanced with high impact. As someone else said, for Cathe to be out of breath and huffing/puffing, doesn't bode well for someone like me who was really looking for intermediate...

I also thought Cathe said someone would be modifying all the high impact moves. That does not show in the clips. Amanda is doing a lot of the high impact moves with the rest of the crew.

I guess I really should stop complaining and just cancel my pre-order...

Carrie
Some of the moves you mentioned like jumping on and off the step seem contained to the Blizzard Blasts, which are meant to be advanced and are not a part of the main workout. However, I did notice jacks and such in the kickboxing clip in the main part of the workout and as you said Amanda is not modifying. But a "no jack" premix will help. It's tough for me to tell the true level until I can preview and test out the whole workout(s).

I'm keeping my preorder because I like the looks of almost everything and can modify myself when needed.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-15, 03:03 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm keeping my pre-order too.

This past weekend I did an old Cathe workout I'd never done, Body Fusion. That came out in 2005 and was part of a beginner-intermediate set, but Body Fusion itself is a step and weights circuit that the DVD case calls intermediate.

Everything about that "intermediate" workout - the pace, the complexity of the cardio/step, the effort involved, the strength moves - is light-years easier than ICE. I mean, not even in the same league. Cathe's "intermediate" has definitely changed over the years!
Old 12-02-15, 02:23 PM  
jenn38

Cathe put up on FB and I'm sure on her website the rotations for ICE. There are a total of 6 rotations. 1-3 are to help an intermediate exerciser become more advanced. And4-6 combine ICE with RWH, XTrain and Low Impact Series.

The first 3 rotations are:
Level 1 ICE + icy core
Level 2 ICE + Muscle Meltdowns and Core
Level 3 ICE + Blizzard Blasts, Meltdowns and Core
Old 12-02-15, 02:57 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I'm keeping my pre-order too.

This past weekend I did an old Cathe workout I'd never done, Body Fusion. That came out in 2005 and was part of a beginner-intermediate set, but Body Fusion itself is a step and weights circuit that the DVD case calls intermediate.

Everything about that "intermediate" workout - the pace, the complexity of the cardio/step, the effort involved, the strength moves - is light-years easier than ICE. I mean, not even in the same league. Cathe's "intermediate" has definitely changed over the years!
I so agree! I have also recently done Body Fusion and I used to do it a lot when I started doing step workouts.

I feel like it's a trend, and what is considered just advanced here on VF would have been considered superhuman advanced 5-10 years ago here.

As we get fitter, (or high intensity workouts got more popular) the bar gets moved?
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-15, 03:40 PM  
s2546

Is she ever going to ship these? lol. We have everything except a shipping date I am looking forward to these!

Sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-15, 04:13 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Well after reading all of the comments & watching the clips I decided to go ahead and cancel. I'm going to have to modify the heck out these & was really hoping for a truly intermediate workout.

When I went to cancel it said it was too late as the order was pending shipment
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action