Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-24, 12:52 PM  
Leonana

Tbh, now I’m not sure which forum is best! The Wendy thread kind of threw me. I can see positives and negatives on both sides. People get so emotional and over heated, and I want to feel safe in the new forum. I guess I’ll go wherever everyone else wants to go.
Old 01-05-24, 01:21 PM  
donnamp

I guess we can pick one - and if whatever we pick turns out to be negative, we can try another one! Or we can hope VF continues to chug along at least somewhat for some time - maybe we should hang out a bit at both forums to see which one has a better vibe.

I think threads like the WWWendy one are just destined to cause trouble.

Yes, we would like to know what is happening to the forum but if Wendy wants to stay off the radar that is her business and calling her out is certainly not going to make her want to post here. At least it wouldn't make me want to post here if I were her.

And KarenJo's history on the last upgrade was enlightening. I was here then and don't remember that - but it sounds like the last upgrade was a nightmare for Wendy and that may be why she never attempted it again.

I guess no matter where we go, people will be people and there will be conflict. it is one reason why I prefer to stay in the check-ins with the small groups rather than post too much on GD.

Happy weekend -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 04:50 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

OMG, I got into VF before 7pm!! lol.

I had an appointment with my PCP this morning for my annual physical. I wasn't too surprised to see that masks are mandatory again here at medical offices. I anticipated that and brought one with me because I was going to wear it regardless, but it stinks that COVID is on the rise again. I haven't had a chance to do a workout yet, so I'll do that later this evening.

As far as what forum to go to, I agree we should hang out here and go down with the ship, whenever that may happen. I'm going to post on both of the new ones for now to see what I think, but based on what I've seen so far, I like the Tapatalk forum. Like Donna said, I like VF for the check-ins. I don't post much on GD, although I do read the posts. I also just read on Tapatalk that Mary is ok with VFers using her forum, so that's yet another alternative!

I had no idea about the history that KarenJo posted because that was before I joined VF, but it does sound like it was a nightmare for Wendy.

Pam, When I had COVID, my symptoms were very different from what Donna experienced. It really hits each person differently, but it's possible the variant I had back in July was not the one going around now, so who knows.
Old 01-05-24, 10:32 PM  
Leonana

Forum is slow tonight.

I did another free workout of Justina’s, a dance cardio. I forgot the name. I worked up a sweat, it got my heart rate up. Although I have two left feet and could barely follow her lol. It was a lot of fun. The one thing I missed was Jessica’s cool down, where she walks slower to lower the heart rate. Once the interval was over, Justina had you sit on the floor for stretch/mobility moves, which seemed an abrupt change. If I had the time, I would sub to both Justina and Jessica. But I’m not sure how often I’d use it, since I get so tired during the work week.

Donna, I should stay out of the controversial threads lol. A VF moderator locked the Wendy thread. However, she said she hadn’t had contact with Wendy in a long time. It’s so weird.

wishiwasinhawaii, I see my PCP on the 11th. I like the new posts and subscriptions feature at VF Roost. Unless there is a way to find new threads at Home Fitnes that I don’t know about. Right now it’s kind of tedious trying to find the new post.
Old 01-05-24, 10:40 PM  
Leonana

Oops!
Old 01-06-24, 07:00 AM  
donnamp

Sherry - I think I'm staying out of posts on GD from now on as well - unless they are workout specific related. There are just some topics where there will just be drama and fighting and who needs that?

I did see the post from PamelaP - it is very odd that Wendy has just dropped out of sight, but I guess we will never know why.

If this board fails I guess we should move to the Roost!! I don't love the way it looks, but I'll get used to it I suppose!

Donna
Old 01-06-24, 10:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I wrapped up yesterday with a dog walk and Ellen's Express Barre.

I think I'm almost back to normal!

Today, so far, I did:

YBB - Basic - this one has a little bit of everything - cardio/dance; ballet, light sculpting w/ weights, yoga and ab/Pilates. It has been fun re-visiting these - it has probably been a decade or so since I last pulled them out!

Jessica posted the first week of her January Plan. It is mainly strength training 3X a week, 2X a week cardio and self-care/recovery the other days. I may do it - I'm not sure. I think I'll just take it as it comes day-to-day. I may want to finish up the Yoga Booty Ballet workouts I have and then move on b/c I am enjoying re-visiting these. It is also somewhat nice to not be "goal" focused in working out and just doing what i feel like.

wishiwasinhawaii and Pam - are you due for snow this weekend? We are getting some flurries here, but I think for the most part, for us, it is going to be just a mix of rain, snow and ice - not a significant storm. Just messy. At least I don't have to go anywhere today.

Waves, Sherry!!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Donna
Old 01-06-24, 10:40 AM  
Leonana

Thanks for the heads up, Donna. I think I’ll do one of the workouts today. Will report back!

Dh made breakfast. I’m sitting at the table drinking my coffee and reading VF.

Regarding forums, I should mention that I’m no longer a moderator at Home Fitness and don’t plan to post there. I don’t mean to make the decision for the group, obviously everyone can post where they like. This is just an FYI on my part.

Donna, I’ve noticed that the more I post at VF Roost, the more familiar it feels. I think one just has to get used to it. Now that I’ve tried both forums, I find VF Roost easier because of the ability to find new posts quickly.
Old 01-06-24, 10:49 AM  
donnamp

I think I will have to start posting on the Roost!

I like the looks of the other forum better, but I understand the concerns about it

VF Roost seems to essentially still be VF just with a different look.

Donna
Old 01-06-24, 04:40 PM  
Leonana

Today I did the first workout in the Month One Strength schedule, Total Body Stamina Sets. It looks like she is going to have a schedule for all twelve months of the year. This workout definitely had a stamina focus and is 40 minutes long. There is some band work but you can sub a dumbbell. I used the bands, but didn’t combine them with the dumbbell. I liked the workout, there were some different moves and combinations in the sets. She had a band move exercising the tricep while doing a side plank! It was actually effective to my surprise! Per the usual I had to skip the crunches. But I’d definitely have to save this workout for a weekend, I would be too exhausted during a work week. The one downside is that it’s not easy to find the schedule on the website. Hopefully, it will show up under Collections.

Donna, I’m glad you are enjoying YBB.