Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-19, 10:25 AM  
sherry7899

Mick Jagger dance workout post heart valve surgery!

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/m...mUd6r6XycXpMCE

Very impressive!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 11:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Awesome. He's definitely on the mend. Good for him!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 12:21 PM  
flower22

Very impressive and inspiring!
flower22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 12:56 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I love him. Had a huge crush on him in my teen years. Despite his wild past he does take very good care of himself. He does functional fitness training and yoga every day.

Mick's health regimin for anyone who is interested. I should eat so healthy.

ETA: the photo of him running in my link - LOL, looks like he's on stage.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 01:01 AM  
videofit

It's interesting that his valve surgery was done under local anesthesia. Less scary and invasive than traditional heart surgery. I wonder what his symptoms were before he was diagnosed and how he improved afterward. Tired? Breathing problems?
Old 05-16-19, 01:32 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
It's interesting that his valve surgery was done under local anesthesia. Less scary and invasive than traditional heart surgery. I wonder what his symptoms were before he was diagnosed and how he improved afterward. Tired? Breathing problems?
I was a Cardiac Rehab RN for years. People can’t believe the difference once they have a valve replaced. Relieved shortness of breath and post exercise/activity fatigue are common. I was always amazed at how people with really serious valve issues would force themselves to try to stay active despite shortness of breath but crash and burn and fall asleep in their chair afterwards. Eventually their tolerance for activity is so poor and other symptoms so increased that valve replacement is the only option.

It’s amazing the progress they’ve made with vale replacement.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 01:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
I was a Cardiac Rehab RN for years. People can’t believe the difference once they have a valve replaced. Relieved shortness of breath and post exercise/activity fatigue are common. I was always amazed at how people with really serious valve issues would force themselves to try to stay active despite shortness of breath but crash and burn and fall asleep in their chair afterwards. Eventually their tolerance for activity is so poor and other symptoms so increased that valve replacement is the only option.

It’s amazing the progress they’ve made with vale replacement.
Yes it is amazing! My 68 year old sister has to have a valve replaced every roughly 15 years and each time the recovery time has been shorter and less traumatic. All those years Mick jumped around on stage definitely has contributed to his overall fitness and ability to recover. Good for him!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 04:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

his dad Basil was a PE Teacher and emphasized the importance of health. Mick wears ear plugs when practicing to protect his hearing. I was impressed with that.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 04:25 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
his dad Basil was a PE Teacher and emphasized the importance of health. Mick wears ear plugs when practicing to protect his hearing. I was impressed with that.
Very smart! So many musicians have damaged their hearing. Pete Townsend has said he can barely hear. John Entwistle was the same. My husband met him when he played small clubs doing solo shows in Philly and NJ. He said John could barely hear anyone talking to him.

I think they found Mick's heart issue when doing the physical for their upcoming tour. He was really lucky. Davy Jones had a physical not long before he passed from a heart attack.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 04:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Very smart! So many musicians have damaged their hearing. Pete Townsend has said he can barely hear. John Entwistle was the same. My husband met him when he played small clubs doing solo shows in Philly and NJ. He said John could barely hear anyone talking to him.
The Who wasn't called the loudest band ever for a reason! I had heard this too. I wonder how Roger's hearing is?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
celebrities