Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-13, 12:17 AM  
iheartsts

Supreme 90 has a stability ball workout. I think it's called Ultimate Ball. I haven't done it in ages, but I think I liked it, although I remember falling over a few times...but that's just me being my klutzy self.
Old 09-24-13, 07:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I recall Bernadette Giorgi had released some newer DVDs, I think last year? One of them was a stability ball workout. Anyone know how to order?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 08:21 AM  
BunnyHop

I've been intrigued by what I've seen in clips of Jill Miller's Coregeous, but put off purchasing because I think it's too advanced for me.

Karen Voight also has some ball workouts, Slim Toning on a ball and BLT, not sure what level they are.

Joyce Goodman's Bounce Your way to better health is probably too easy for your level of fitness, but I enjoy it. (also, I think it's overpriced)
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 08:52 AM  
dnna

Stretch:
Cathe has a great 20 minute stretch with the stability ball on Stretch Max, well worth owning

Whole Body:
Every day Fit series with Carol Murphy, I think you can see clips at Totalfitnessdvds, I bought mine there- there are several, and also the Resist-a ball workouts

These are in my "ab section" on the workout shelf:

Allie's Pink Firm Slim and Sculpt stability ball workout-intermediate
Cathe -Core Max, omg. advanced
Kimberly Spreen_ 10 minute solution Fitness ball workout-has full body options but I use it for an add on ab and stretch , so 20 minutes. I don't remember why I don't do the whole workout! lol
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 08:54 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I second the recommendation for Supreme 90 Ultimate Ball, and 10 Minute Solution Pilates on the Ball also comes to mind - intermediate/advanced pilates exercises on the ball.

I also thought of Barry's Bootcamp - they use an oblong ball (sometimes looping a band beneath-but you can just use free weights) and can be modified to use a regular stability ball. It's intermediate-high intermediate and you can up the challenge by using heavier weights. It is a fun circuit workout (one upper focused, one lower, and some add ons for upper, lower, and abs).

Dream Body also uses a ball in some of their workouts, and it's tough
Old 09-24-13, 04:22 PM  
mj476

I agree with 10 Minute Solutions Pilates on the Ball and Resist-A-Ball. Mindy Mylrea's All About Abs (stability ball workout) is good too.

I also like the stability ball segment on Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam.

Marcy
Old 09-24-13, 04:29 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I believe Jessica Smith has a workout on her you tube channel. I don't have a stability ball, so haven't tried it.
I just did this today and it's great. Total body workout, uses the ball throughout, and includes balance challenges so it engages the core quite well. 30 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6OXFwP_mfc

She also has a stability ball core and stretching only workout that's 20 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfdOcUxbFnU

And TLT Finding Your Core is now on YouTube in it's entirety. 49 minutes and it's also total body and uses the ball throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdvnLWH89nI

Those are all the freebies I know about at this moment.
Old 09-24-13, 05:28 PM  
pfhanna

10 Minute Solution Pilates on the Ball with Laura Hudson has 5 - 10 minute sections for lower body, upper body, abs, total body, and flexibility. I still reach for this dvd (oldie but goodie) for my abs and I love her stretch at the end. Very inexpensive at Amazon.
Old 09-24-13, 07:04 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

The Fitness Fix gal is awesome -- http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...iew.php?id=307
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 07:09 PM  
Judy W.

Tonya Larson has a workout called Trim and Toned in 20 featuring 3 20 minute workouts that alternate toning using the ball with short cardio intervals. Very good workout, intermediate level.
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
core secrets, met-rx, met-rx 180, stability ball, stability ball workouts