Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-12, 10:55 AM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I really want to try this once I finish my Body Revolution rotation. I know that they state that each dvd is around 20-30 minutes or so, but my question is....when they say you can get results doing DDP a few days a week, are they saying just using one of the DVDs per day, or are they pulling a "Firm Express" switcheroo and you have to do two or three of them at a time for good results? What is the workout rotation like? I have very limited time to workout and need to stick with 45 minutes or less.
I don't know if the workout rotation has changed any in the 2 years since I purchased the DVDs, but mine came with a "magazine-size" 49 page program guide that contains information on fitness, nutrition and motivation. It includes a workout grid with suggested 13-week rotations for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.

The Beginner rotation calls for 3 workouts a week; Intermediate is 3 workouts a week up to week 7, and then it's 4: M, Tu, Th, F. Advanced is 4 workouts a week up to week 10, then it's 5 days a week.

Here and there it calls for 2 workouts on certain days, but one of them will be either Diamond Dozen (the instructional DVD) or Red Hot Core (which is only 15 minutes). After I learned the basics from watching Diamond Dozen a few times, I omitted it when it was one of the second workouts.

I followed the suggested rotations for a while, but then just did whichever workout appealed to me or I felt I needed that day. Even with the short workouts like Energy!, Fat Burner, etc., I always feel that I'm getting a terrific and effective workout.

Hope that answered your question!
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 12:26 PM  
SquishyMommy

Yes, that does answer my question. Thank you so much! I am just so wary now of systems that claim to work in "30 minutes a day" and then you find out you are supposed to stack the workouts. I know there are several systems out there that truly are just around a half hour, Body Revolution is one of them. I was just extremely disappointed when I got my Firm Express and found that they were basically falsely advertising.

I am definitely putting DDP down as my next rotation now!
Old 05-13-12, 12:28 PM  
Mellowdee9

Brick: Thanks so much for sharing this. I ordered the DVDs on Friday. Didn't see the GMA but saw a snarky article about it on another site and found the Arthur video in the comments.

I did the Diamond Dozen today to get ready for the workouts when they come. I thought he did a really good job of telling you how to engage the various parts of your body through the moves. That was something I didn't get before.

Looking forward to all of the workouts.
Mellowdee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 01:08 PM  
Cassy

Brick - did you already mention what if any results you got from this program. I watched Arthur's video. Did you also get more flexible, loose weight?
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 03:31 PM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Brick - did you already mention what if any results you got from this program. I watched Arthur's video. Did you also get more flexible, loose weight?
I've always been a "thin" guy, so losing weight wasn't a goal for me. The workouts mainly keep me flexible (although I do other kinds of yoga too, so it all helps!), and the Dynamic Resistance helps keep my muscles firm and defined, even when I'm not doing any other kind of resistance work. I think every aspect of DDP Yoga contributes to those things. The DDP-style pushups are especially great for upper body strength and definition.
Old 05-13-12, 11:22 PM  
Sharaz

Another DDP Yoga sucess story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM7TX...yer_embedded#!

I signed up to the TeamDDP page. There is a "view only" program guide. Your membership has to be approved. I guess that if you purchased they has your email on file. Since there has being a higher demand of the workouts DDP posted the guide along with the instructional video to get started. The workouts are expected to be delivered within two weeks.

The program guide has a beginners, intermediate and advance 13 weeks grid and the nutrition guide (food list, meal plans, food journal, workout journal, progress journal) Various pages dedicated to getting started and motivation too. All the workouts listed on the grid are from Package #1.

I ordered package #2 so I'm not sure if I'm going to receive the program guide with my purchase. Anyhow, it look very well put together for those that have the goal to loose weight or anybody that are interested on improve fitness overall. I personally interested on improving flexibility and will use DDP on my rotation regularly.
Old 05-14-12, 02:38 PM  
Cassy

Brick - the fat burner and below the belt look good from Volume 1. But are the moves the same as in volume 2 like the mix tape and the double black diamond just harder?

love the clips of his power in the extreme psycho workout.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 01:03 PM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
Brick - the fat burner and below the belt look good from Volume 1. But are the moves the same as in volume 2 like the mix tape and the double black diamond just harder?

love the clips of his power in the extreme psycho workout.
Double Black Diamond has a lot of the same moves found in Set 1, some with harder variations. It also has moves that aren't in Set 1.

Mix Tape, being a compilation of all the workouts in both Sets, makes for a great workout ("The most challenging positions from all the DDP workouts, condensed into an action-packed 35-minute routine").

In Mix Tape, at the start of each different segment, it momentarily shows on screen which workout it's from. It's put together very well, so it all flows seamlessly into one workout.

Two things I especially appreciate about these DVDs, each workout has a count down timer in the bottom right side of the screen, so you always know how much longer you've got to go. And I really like that Dallas instructs with "mirror image" (and never gets it mixed up!). I've always thought instructors who do mirror image are showing consideration for the viewers. I can be kind've klutzy at times, and it helps me to be able to follow the instructor exactly, without having to move everything opposite of what they're doing, lol.

Hope that answered your question! If not, let me know.
Old 05-15-12, 02:40 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
And I really like that Dallas instructs with "mirror image" (and never gets it mixed up!). I've always thought instructors who do mirror image are showing consideration for the viewers. I can be kind've klutzy at times, and it helps me to be able to follow the instructor exactly, without having to move everything opposite of what they're doing, lol..
This is awesome - I feel the same way, I am not sure why instructors don't always do mirror image. It seems like a lot of yoga does not and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me since no one is actually behind them (in real time). It's also really hard when you can't see (cause your head is down in the pose), and they are talking and cuing for the side they are doing things on, so when you look up to figure out exactly what they are doing you are all wrong and can't figure out why!
Old 05-15-12, 06:01 PM  
tigerbaby

Brick, I thought I wasn't interested in this program upon first review but since it has the "Brick" seal of approval it became a no brainer for me. I absolutely buy every yoga practice you recommend as I trust your taste, and it's ALWAYS paid off for me. So I bought combo pack 1 and 2 and have been perusing the site since then while I await their arrival. I signed up with Team DDP and I must say that the members there have to be the most welcoming, supportive, and encouraging group of people I've ever encountered. I feel like I not only bought a program but an entire support system. Even if for some crazy reason I end up not liking the practices it's money well spent to support Diamond Dallas who seems genuinely caring about peoples' well-being.

Thanks for all the information you have generously provided us!

Tiffany
tigerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddp yoga, diamond dallas page, yrg yoga