Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-02, 05:13 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hearing Video Music Elsewhere

Am I the only one, or do others start doing videos in their minds when they hear the video music on the radio, etc. I was in my car today when "Smooth" came on the radio. My entire body actually started moving (well, as much as it could) to Still Jumpin'. I also start doing Hi-Lo Heaven wherever I happen to be when hearing that Backstreet Boys song - I do that move with the three bounces - step - two hamstrings. Am I losing it? Ha!

Hey, you should see my driving while listening to my entire Hi-Lo Heaven CD in the car !!!
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-02, 05:36 PM  
Barb L
VF Supporter

Know what you mean

Tunes on the car radio make me go into mental hamstring curl mode.

For a long time, I used a walking tape with Motown music, and now I visualize scenery whenever I hear those tunes, even when I'm stepping with Christi.
Old 01-25-02, 05:37 PM  
Tami S.
VF Supporter

Unfortunately, in most cases I don't do my videos frequently enough to remember moves to a particular song. (I'm terrible that way - doing a video once and not doing it again for months.) But there have been a couple of times where I've wanted to do some FIRM moves when I hear those Latin songs they played in few of their videos.

Also, the FIRM has a song on one of the Core Cardio videos on the step section that reminds me of a Counting Crows song. I've heard it a couple of times and flashed to the FIRM in my mind. I didn't do the moves though. ;-)

Love your new picture Joni!!!
Tami S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-02, 05:42 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

How come I can't see my new picture ???? I still see the same old one. Hmmm .....
Old 01-25-02, 05:49 PM  
Judy SP

I see the new (or second) picture, Joni. The very professional looking one.... is that the one you mean?
Old 01-25-02, 06:00 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

When I worked in new home sales the "acceptable" radio station to be playing in the model home was a soft jazz station. Firm music would magically peal from the speakers and I would have sudden uncontrollable urges to do squats & lunges. If no one was around I'd entertain myself by doing walking lunges around the house. Can we say, "Pavalov?" Or maybe it was the subliminal messages implanted in my brain by the Firm?
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-02, 06:01 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ahh - there it is. My technologically-challenged mind actually had the thought that my computer was storing older images so I could get to them faster. Once I deleted all my temporary Internet files, there's my new picture! Old dog/new tricks - don't believe what they say!
Old 01-26-02, 05:12 AM  
Glynis van Uden

Conditioned reaction to video music

I get plagued by this, too :-) I haven't done KV's Your Personal Best for over a year, but every time I hear that Sting song from the end of the tape, I feel I should get down on the floor and start stretching!

Glynis
Glynis van Uden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-02, 12:32 AM  
Lotus

Here's one I got a kick out of. I was watching one of those SNL videos, when all of a sudden, a song from the FIRM Cardio (I think during the tall box climbs) starts playing. SNL used it in a skit where Kevin Nealon and Heather Locklear flirt with each other in a bar. I don't know if I would have laughed so hard if the skit would have contained different music!