Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-13, 04:33 PM  
ellaenchanted

Just got TA's Dance+ Cardio

at Target. An impulse buy but I love her workouts and it was only 9.99.

Set: small studio setting. She workouts only a wood aerobic floor and there is a light colored carpeted area around it. Sometimes the camera pans out and you can a support column. Not a big deal but, visually, not having the colun in the shot would have looked cleaner.

Music: rock and techno beats. Not bad but not great. I plan use my own music.

Tracy- wears capris and a tank in both workouts. She looks happy and like she's having fun.

The workouts: there are 2, 30-minute workouts. They are more like meta cardio than her older choreographed cardio. However, these feel less freestyle.

She does most of the workouts low-impact with some bouncier moves here and there. The pace is definitely slower than her meta cardio. She does not cue but the moves are really basic and it is pretty easy to follow along. If you had trouble with getting her moves, these workouts are great because you really get them down at a slower pace. You also see that she does have a "routine" though it isn't as choreographed as her older workouts. They also don't take up much space and the time flies by.

In Tracy's intro she describes these as her beginner/learning cardio workouts. I think that is accurate but I also think they are great for when you want less jumping and a moderate pace.

Overall: I love these! It may sound funny but I actually will use these as an alternative to Leslie. Lately, I have been really into cardio with basic moves/choreography that can be done in pretty much any room in my house with a preschooler in tow. These fit the bill! I love Leslie and Jessica but sometimes I need more variety in this area.

Who will like these: TA fans who need an easier workout some days. Anyone who is new to TA and would like to be introduced to her style of workouts without getting lost or going too fast.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-13, 04:36 PM  
pcramer

Okay I am off to Target right now!! I must have this DVD!!
Old 09-21-13, 04:55 PM  
moonbeam31

This is out to buy at TARGET? This one? http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...us-cardio-6463 I was just there on Wednesday and they did not have any of hers but MAT!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-13, 04:58 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
This is out to buy at TARGET? This one? http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...us-cardio-6463 I was just there on Wednesday and they did not have any of hers but MAT!
Yep! I bought it today and ran home to do it since I hadn't exercised yet. I did both workouts since I had a full hour. I was surprised to see it there so I snapped it up. I believe they also had Mat and possibly her first Post Pregnancy. They usually have Meta Omni but I didn't see any sets out today.
Old 09-21-13, 05:13 PM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Yep! I bought it today and ran home to do it since I hadn't exercised yet. I did both workouts since I had a full hour. I was surprised to see it there so I snapped it up. I believe they also had Mat and possibly her first Post Pregnancy. They usually have Meta Omni but I didn't see any sets out today.
Such a rush!
Old 09-21-13, 06:00 PM  
moonbeam31

omg- I am going there later!!.......Thanks so much for letting us know!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-13, 06:18 PM  
Darisa

My local Target didn't have it. Boo
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-13, 06:26 PM  
pcramer

Thanks so much for the heads-up!!

I was able to find it at the second Target I went to, only 2 were left. I almost bought both of them. I was so sad I was going to have to wait until December, now I don't have too! YAY!!!
Old 09-21-13, 06:32 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
Thanks so much for the heads-up!!

I was able to find it at the second Target I went to, only 2 were left. I almost bought both of them. I was so sad I was going to have to wait until December, now I don't have too! YAY!!!
Yay! I am glad you found it! I wonder if it was some weird mistake that they got their shipments early? Whatever the story, I am happy they have it!

Also needed to add that the brief warm up is typical Tracy-style hip swings, plies, some arm movements, etc. And workout #2 is slightly tougher than workout#1. Though, I did them back to back so #2 just seemed that way because I had already done #1.
Old 09-21-13, 07:00 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
at Target. An impulse buy but I love her workouts and it was only 9.99.

Set: small studio setting. She workouts only a wood aerobic floor and there is a light colored carpeted area around it. Sometimes the camera pans out and you can a support column. Not a big deal but, visually, not having the colun in the shot would have looked cleaner.

Music: rock and techno beats. Not bad but not great. I plan use my own music.

Tracy- wears capris and a tank in both workouts. She looks happy and like she's having fun.

The workouts: there are 2, 30-minute workouts. They are more like meta cardio than her older choreographed cardio. However, these feel less freestyle.

She does most of the workouts low-impact with some bouncier moves here and there. The pace is definitely slower than her meta cardio. She does not cue but the moves are really basic and it is pretty easy to follow along. If you had trouble with getting her moves, these workouts are great because you really get them down at a slower pace. You also see that she does have a "routine" though it isn't as choreographed as her older workouts. They also don't take up much space and the time flies by.

In Tracy's intro she describes these as her beginner/learning cardio workouts. I think that is accurate but I also think they are great for when you want less jumping and a moderate pace.

Overall: I love these! It may sound funny but I actually will use these as an alternative to Leslie. Lately, I have been really into cardio with basic moves/choreography that can be done in pretty much any room in my house with a preschooler in tow. These fit the bill! I love Leslie and Jessica but sometimes I need more variety in this area.

Who will like these: TA fans who need an easier workout some days. Anyone who is new to TA and would like to be introduced to her style of workouts without getting lost or going too fast.
OMG! I thought this didn't come out until December! I have it on my wish lists because I am loving her other recent releases!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote