Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-18, 01:14 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
It seems like her individual DVDs usually cost close to $20 each, though, which would mean if I'm going to use four of these then the preorder is a good deal. Is this similar to her usual preorder prices? (Cathe newbie speaking, so forgive my ignorance. )
I honestly can not remember, but I swear I bought some of her pre-sale DVDs for $17.97 each. I don't know why that number is in my head, but I think that once she starts letting people by single DVDs pre-sale, they are still less than $20.

I do know that for some people, it works out better to just buy the set if they end up wanting, say, 4 DVDs or something like that. Looking at this list, I am only really interested in Cardio Party and Rev'd Up Rumble and maybe Metabolic Blast.

eta: I'll look back through my credit card history and see if I can find a Cathe pre-sale order.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 01:21 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I honestly can not remember, but I swear I bought some of her pre-sale DVDs for $17.97 each. I don't know why that number is in my head, but I think that once she starts letting people by single DVDs pre-sale, they are still less than $20.

I do know that for some people, it works out better to just buy the set if they end up wanting, say, 4 DVDs or something like that. Looking at this list, I am only really interested in Cardio Party and Rev'd Up Rumble and maybe Metabolic Blast.

eta: I'll look back through my credit card history and see if I can find a Cathe pre-sale order.
I usually sell off the ones I don't want quickly, and make more than I paid for them.

Donna
Old 05-04-18, 01:28 PM  
laurajhawk

Thanks, LoveVA!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 01:33 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I'm definitely pre-ordering! These sound really good!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 01:36 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
It sounds good! Disappointed that there's no step but another kickboxing workout. I'll pre-order, but reserve the right to cancel.
I agree it sounds very good! I'm happy about the Kickboxing, but I was also hoping for a step workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post
This new series sounds awesome to me! I just pre-ordered.

It sounds a little bit like "Strong & Sweaty", which I love, with the added bonus of kickboxing and a metabolic workout. I'm not so sure about the body weight and band workout, though, as I suspect there will be a lot of wrist-loaded exercises (which I don't like). Also, I hope there's not a ton of gliding. I don't like that much either.

For those who wanted step, maybe "Cardio Party" will have a step section?

Looking forward to this series, but I'm happy to wait for it. I don't want to rush through summer and fall. It's only finally getting warm here in PA!

Shelbygirl
I was thinking the same! I also thought it sounded a bit like Strong and Sweaty with the PHA and Giant sets, and then ICE with the Kickboxing, Metabolic conditioning and all the fabulous extras! I also was thinking that Cardio Party might include step, well I hope! As she already has the Party Rocking steps.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 02:04 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I will be ordering. These sound great. I like her PHA in strong and sweaty so this is a nice addition. I also love her metabolic workouts. Always good to have upper, lower, and aerobic. Just debating on if I need the bonus pyramid pump on a separate dvd. With the premixes it could be worth it. Wow. Love the sound of this.
Old 05-04-18, 02:11 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Thanks, LoveVA!

Her DVDs retail for $22.97 on her web site. It looks like I was buying them at $19.97/DVD during pre-sales.

On a side note: Wow, I ordered a lot from Total Fitness DVDS back in the day!
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 05:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
You can cancel a pre-order? How does that work?
I just emailed Cathe's customer service and cancelled my order for her last set.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 05:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbygirl View Post
This new series sounds awesome to me! I just pre-ordered.

It sounds a little bit like "Strong & Sweaty", which I love, with the added bonus of kickboxing and a metabolic workout. I'm not so sure about the body weight and band workout, though, as I suspect there will be a lot of wrist-loaded exercises (which I don't like). Also, I hope there's not a ton of gliding. I don't like that much either.

For those who wanted step, maybe "Cardio Party" will have a step section?

Looking forward to this series, but I'm happy to wait for it. I don't want to rush through summer and fall. It's only finally getting warm here in PA!

Shelbygirl
This is exactly how I feel - excited about all of this set except for the Body and Bands DVD - body weight exercises bother my wrists, and gripping bands hurts my hands. But overall, I am thrilled - ICE with more weight work, plus add on stretches. I am super excited!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-18, 06:09 PM  
shoegoddess

I just ordered the DVD bundle + Pyrimad DVD!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, ice, ice 2, ice2, lite