Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-18, 02:43 PM  
Maybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Is there a code for the streaming 3 months for price of 2? I just joined the e-mail list but did not get information about that offer. Thank you!
I'm not seeing a code. When I click through the button in the email I received yesterday (subject: #bodygoals – we got you!) it goes to my cart which shows "P.volve On Demand (3 month) - $59.98."

I'm sure they'd extend you the offer if you contact them!
Maybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 08:18 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
How'd you get the ball for under $10? Or you mean with gift cards?
Yes, sorry I forgot to add that. I had a gift card and with the free shipping it was around $9.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 11:44 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Yes, sorry I forgot to add that. I had a gift card and with the free shipping it was around $9.

~Beth
LOL that's Ok. At first I thought there was some great sale and then figured it must have been gift cards, when I couldn't find it. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing out.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 11:29 AM  
desertMermaid

I started the free 2 week trail today. Since they accept paypal, I was wiling to give this a go. I did P.Volve Open & Lengthen Class (55:29) which apparently was the last 2017 workout. I really, really enjoyed this and felt it working. It had lots of balance work, core work, functional movements, large range of motion mixed with smaller range of motion, it was slow and controlled. I didn't think the ladies had the best form, and I felt he seemed to be getting annoyed by them. So I tried to listen to his cues more than follow the ladies. This seemed to work for me. Anyway, I look forward to trying more of these workouts.

This workout used gliding disks, light (~2 LB) hand weights, mat and ankle resistance band. Fortunately, I have all this. I'm not sure what I will do when I get to a workout that uses the P.Ball.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 04:13 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I think this is new... they've added a Starter Pack to the website that includes the P.Ball and the Precision Sculpt DVD for $69.99. Saves a little bit of money if you were going to buy them both anyway!
Old 01-20-18, 05:00 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I ordered the 30-Day Evolution DVD from Amazon. I've never tried the streaming. Has anyone who loves the streaming ordered one or both of the DVD's? I'd love to hear reviews from people who are already familiar with this method.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 05:21 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I ordered the 30-Day Evolution DVD from Amazon. I've never tried the streaming. Has anyone who loves the streaming ordered one or both of the DVD's? I'd love to hear reviews from people who are already familiar with this method.
Not yet. I did end up canceling my streaming and I plan to order whatever makes sense in the downloads/DVDs. I'm waiting to see if I can figure out which one makes sense.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 12:13 PM  
Honeydew

Are these workouts doable for someone who doesn't have a lot of energy?? I read about the great butt results but what about thighs? hamstrings/quads? Abs?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 12:57 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
Are these workouts doable for someone who doesn't have a lot of energy?? I read about the great butt results but what about thighs? hamstrings/quads? Abs?
Yes, the workouts are quite doable for low energy days. You may want to begin with some of shorter workouts that are in the 20-30 minute range.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 04:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
These workouts do not require a lot of outright energy, but they can be sort of sneaky -- my heart rate gets up there while doing them, and later I can feel hungry as if I'd done a harder workout -- not horrible. But, they don't give me any kind of "wiped out" feeling like a traditional weight workout or Cathe or whatever.

I think the whole thing about how their designed is that they will show your underlying quad muscles (and probably hamstrings) by not working them outright but by working the butt in a different way. He's all about trying to get a lean defined line. As for abs, some of the moves target the abs directly but he is constantly telling you to tighten your abs so they do get a lot of work if you do what he says. I'm sure others who have done it more consistently can speak to results they've seen.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, hdm, p.volve, thighmatics