Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-17, 11:27 PM  
Honeydew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Honeydew - This looks fantastic, thank you so much for sharing! Have you tried their online programs? I am finishing a 3-month LEKfit rotation at the moment and I am set to do a couple of months of pvolve for the New Year, but this definitely looks like something I would love.
I haven't tried it... yet.Since it's so similar to TA, I"d worry that I'd get the dreaded flat butt. It always happens when I do TA's workouts.If you give it a go, please let me know what you think. Right now I am doing a rotation with Essentrics and Callanetics. I"m going to give it 3 months to see if I get any results and if not might move on to LEK FIT or maybe possibly Body Engineering, just don't want the flat butt! btw, did you like LEKfit and did you get results with it?

If anyone else tries Body Engineering, please let me know what you think of it. Oh, and what is the problem with the music in the LEKfit workouts?
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 02:51 PM  
noraW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
I haven't tried it... yet.Since it's so similar to TA, I"d worry that I'd get the dreaded flat butt. It always happens when I do TA's workouts.If you give it a go, please let me know what you think. Right now I am doing a rotation with Essentrics and Callanetics. I"m going to give it 3 months to see if I get any results and if not might move on to LEK FIT or maybe possibly Body Engineering, just don't want the flat butt! btw, did you like LEKfit and did you get results with it?

If anyone else tries Body Engineering, please let me know what you think of it. Oh, and what is the problem with the music in the LEKfit workouts?
Not Fuzzie, but from my experience with LEKFit, I’ve been doing it for 4 weeks, 6 sculpt classes per week and it has actually lifted my butt. Some of the moves are TA-like but with a much better emphasis on lifting the backside and really working your core. The slower pace really lets you get into the moves and feel where you should be engaging. I would say the music can be a bit uninspiring but it is not horrible. I really like the workouts and the results thus far and the music is not enough to turn me off to it.

In the past 2 days a ventured into DanceBody and it made me appreciate LEKfit even more. The music in DanceBody is great but I don’t appreciate the pace of the workout, at times I couldn’t even get full range of motion without falling behind.
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-17, 05:51 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:

I'm trying RedBird Body Engineering now. I'm still going to be doing ART Method on alternate days. I signed up for a free trial yesterday and did the 35 minute Fundamental Movement class and I am mildly sore throughout my hips today. Not so sore I can't walk, but I know I did something for sure. I really liked the workout. I'm going to sign up for a paid subscription for tomorrow's workout because all you get access to with the free trial is one Level 1 w/o and one Level 3 w/o. I'm going to start at the beginning and do all the workouts in order.

Before I read about this here, I was considering doing TA Meta but I like how RedBird is slower and more controlled. They explain the movements and it doesn't seem frantic at all.

They actually have a few full-length workouts on their Youtube channel if you want to try something out.

PS. I tried Pvolve and thought it was boring.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-17, 06:07 PM  
hotncmom

Reporting back that I joined RedBird Body Engineering and have done several workouts now and I LOVE it.

It's very similar to TA, but slower and more controlled. At least the Level 1 workouts that I'm doing are. Today I did an hour-long class and it started with unweighted arms and ab isolations, and then light weight arm exercises, then ab work, and finally leg work on the floor. I used 1 lb. ankle weights for the leg work. So the format is almost identical to TA.

I wish I could do more than one workout a day. I'm alternating with ART Method workouts every other day.
Old 12-30-17, 11:45 PM  
Honeydew

Thanks for reporting back! Do you feel your quads worked at all? I know that when I did meta, I never felt like that area was worked...which leads to flabby quads and then there's the butt problem....since you've done several of the workouts, do you feel that the slow controlled moves get into the butt/work the better?(hope that makes sense!)
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 11:39 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Thanks for reporting back! Do you feel your quads worked at all? I know that when I did meta, I never felt like that area was worked...which leads to flabby quads and then there's the butt problem....since you've done several of the workouts, do you feel that the slow controlled moves get into the butt/work the better?(hope that makes sense!)
I think there has been a bit of quad work in the workouts - parts of the workout are Pilates-esque and there have been some supine ab work that includes leg movements. There is a lot of quadruped butt work too, and yes, I think since it's slower you can focus on the butt vs. the tendency to go into the low back that's there with trying to keep up with TA.

It seems no one workout style/brand has everything I need, which is why I usually combine two and switch back and forth. I'm not sure Redbird will have enough standing leg work for my preference. In the last workout I did, they used a band under your foot while standing to do turnouts at the hip and then some plies, but that was about it. Also, so far, not enough planks, but that's because I'm on the Level 1 workouts. I see far more difficult stuff to come!
Old 01-03-18, 10:57 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Honeydew - I did LEKfit for 3 months (3 Sculpt classes a week with the odd Bounce class thrown in) and I loved it. I agree with NoraW that the deliberate pace makes a big difference compared with TA: whereas TA gives me more of a straight up-and-down figure with a flatter/flabbier butt, LEKfit gave me a curvier figure with a pulled in waist and round butt. Both have a similar effect on my upper body with lots of muscle definition. Also, LEKfit kept my body pain-free whereas TA tends to create lots of tightness in my shoulders and hips over time.

Another amazing workout for the glutes is the Vertue Method (Shona Vertue): https://vimeo.com/ondemand/vertuemethod/172886542 I am surprised that she hasn't gained more attention on VF. I love her "Classic Workout" and "Glute Activation Workout" - and they are really affordable.

Hotncmom - Thank you so much for your report on Redbird Body Engineering! I look forward to hearing more as you move through the program.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 11:48 AM  
noraW

Fuzzie, did you add anything else to your LEKfit rotation or was your typical week only 3 Sculpts with an occasional Bounce?

100% agree on the round butt! I’ve been doing 6 sculpts a week but don’t want to burn out or lose the results if I cut back a bit.

Thanks!
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-18, 01:39 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

noraW - I am in awe of you doing these workouts 6x a week! For the last 3 months my only "sculpting" workouts were LEKfit 3x a week. I also did yoga every morning, which I have been doing for a few years now (my daily practice varies from 15 to 90 minutes but on average it's 45 minutes; about 80% kundalini and 20% vinyasa). I did cardio once a week (either a dance class or a Bounce workout) and took a short walk a few times a week. This is WAY less than I used to do but this year I have found I get better results with fewer, more focused workouts. I am doing a p.volve rotation for the next few months but I will eventually return to LEKfit for sure!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lekfit, terri walsh