Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-17, 05:29 PM  
daisyduke

Can we talk about lifting heavy please?

I love heavy lifting! It’s really done wonders for me. I’ve done body beast since April and am looking to change things up. I feel pretty worn down as I think body beast is probably the hardest heavy lifting program there is.

I would like to keep the heavy weights but change the program for a bit. I was thinking CLX or STS?

Any thoughts on some really good heavy lifting programs that compare to body beast?

Many thanks in advance!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 05:49 PM  
Tugger31

STS Meso 3. I think you could conceivably get Meso 2 as well to prep your muscles a bit, but Meso 1 is really high rep and if you're not a beginner, I think STS does not necessarily need to be done as a 3 month series. I never figured out my 1 rep max, I just lifted what I thought was heavy enough for each exercise. When I got to Meso 3 I definitely had to invest in a weight bench, heavy dumbbells alone weren't cutting it anymore.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-17, 09:34 PM  
daisyduke

Ok thank you!

Does anyone lift heavy anymore?
Old 11-18-17, 09:35 PM  
daisyduke

Also tigger were you pleased with your results?
Old 11-18-17, 10:11 PM  
Tugger31

Strength...yes. How my clothes fit...no.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 02:09 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Daisyduke, if you feel worn down maybe CLX or MET-RX180 would be a good change of pace.

CLX has only 9 lifts per workout 12-8 reps depending of the phase, phase 1 and 3 use combination moves, so take that in consideration in case you like or not those moves, the cardio intervals are pretty good too, I think it is a fun set, def. it is not as hardcore as Body Beast. Lifting workouts are 30-40 minutes long.

MET-RX180 is another solid program, the instructor talks quite a bit (like if it is the first time you're lifting), but is motivating imo, I like him. The people in the DVDs are not lifting as heavy as Sagi and crew, but the program is designed for progressive heavy lifting, the first month has you doing Total Body (not combination moves), and the other two months has 4 day splits, it comes with a nice fitness tracker.

RIPT90 Fit, I just got this one recently, it is not a Body Building program, but it does use heavy weights for most of the workouts and the rep range for the most part is 10, so you can heavy up quite a bit in some of them, others are very metabolic, they are crossfit inspired, muscle splits, workouts are 20-30 minutes long, with a bonus 15 min stretch (very dynamic btw) good for mobility. It also come with a nice fitness tracker.

Hammer & Chisel, also has some nice weight (strength and endurance) workouts.

Drop 2 Sizes, I liked this program, but it is total body three times a week, and not much of isolation exercises.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 07:53 AM  
daisyduke

Sweetassugar... your post has been much help! Thank you!
Old 11-19-17, 03:31 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
Ok thank you!

Does anyone lift heavy anymore?
I love heavy lifting, but don't do it all the time. I like to cycle my workouts throughout the year - called "periodization." High rep/low weights, medium lifting and then heavy weights/low reps.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 03:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
Sweetassugar... your post has been much help! Thank you!
You're welcome!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-17, 04:32 PM  
angie_nrs

Are you looking for another heavy weight workout routine?

Do you have P90X?

Tags
heavy lifting