Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-20, 10:00 PM  
Vantreesta

Yay, MT! Enjoy!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 07:21 AM  
Vantreesta

Well I heard back from Dark Horse Rowing this morning, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helpful. He gave me a list of 5 apps and the only one that appeared it might help is apparently only for Apple devices so I'm still left trying to guess everything on my own. I'll keep trying but I have a feeling I won't stick with it for the month. It's too much mental work. But I'll see what I can do; even if I just do one of his YT videos every day or even row on my own I should see some benefit and be actually using my equipment. I told hubby last night if he ever sees of anyone at work getting rid of a flywheel or water rower to let me know. I told him the price range on them and his jaw dropped. I was like yeah, so I'll never have one unless I can find one used that someone is just really motivated to get rid of!

My uncle was doing worse yesterday. He has been moved to the ICU and intubated. The doctor said it was his only chance for survival. I'm still praying.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-04-20, 12:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mell View Post
Melly's November Goals

~ Jessica walk strong 2
~ drink more water
~ daily green smoothie
~ wicked clean eating
Mell, what do you put in your green smoothies?

Old 11-04-20, 08:45 PM  
Vantreesta

I never did end up getting in a formal workout today. Cyric and I walked a couple miles then I took my car in to the shop and walked 2 1/2 miles while I waited. Ran a couple errands then came home and really dug into undecorating before I had grief group tonight. Tmrw the truck goes in for an oil change so I'll get in another good walk after the morning one with Cyric. I don't think I have any more errands so the plan is to workout when I get home. I've decided I'm not going to try doubling up if I miss a day (or more) of rowing, I'm just going to try to get through 30 days as soon as I can (meaning not missing for no reason).

Old 11-05-20, 11:13 PM  
Leonana

I haven’t been doing well with workouts this week, too distracted. I am getting my strength workouts in, just not cardio.

Vannie, I’m sorry the rower isn’t working out. You do a lot of walking, which is great. I need to get some walking in.

MT, I hope the pedicure was enjoyable.
Old 11-06-20, 08:46 AM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I completely skipped the last two days of workouts and probably will today too. I just want to get all the undecorating done and put away so I can start getting some things made before Thanksgiving. I still won't get it all done today, I don't think. Yes, we do walk a lot. Three walks a day with Cyric almost every day. I've been doing it for like 15 years now so I don't often think much about it, but when I was working it was basically one-mile walks and now that I have time I try to make our morning walks long.

I made 4 days in a row of getting up at 6 AM! Yay me! However, I have stayed up till well after midnight most nights and it caught up to me yesterday. I was exhausted last night and overslept this morning till 7:25. I know I gotta start making bedtime if I want to stay well and have energy. But I'm celebrating the 4 days for sure!

MT, how was the pedicure?

Mell, how are things going with you?

Katie, praying your guys are recovering and feeling better. Miss you, friend!

Old 11-06-20, 07:35 PM  
MathTeacher

My pedicure was good. I love the hot rocks and towels. I picked a pretty copper color for fall.

I have been trying to do Chris Freytag's 2 week turnaround, but my hip is screaming. It looks like I am back to pilates.

Sherry, I prefer strength training to cardio any day, so I think you are doing great!

Vannie, I got all of my Halloween stuff put away. Now I have a blow up turkey on my porch. He doesn't fall over like Boo the Mummy did.

Kaite, How are you doing?

Waves, Mell!
Old 11-07-20, 02:27 AM  
Vantreesta

Ooh, I've never had hot rocks in a pedicure. Interesting! I think I've only ever had two pedicures though so not much to compare! Nice job getting Halloween stuff put away! Our house is a disaster bc it takes me so long. And some of the tubs have little bits of space left so they're all still upstairs during the process so I can put in all the new things wherever they'll fit! I don't have any Thanksgiving decorations.

Old 11-07-20, 07:31 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 02:00 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote