Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-16, 09:59 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Dreambody - New to the party

I tried my first Dreambody workouts today (from Sweat Lab: Hard core and Batalicious) and I really enjoyed them. I don't usually like barre and toning type workouts but these were athletic enough that they kept me interested. My only issue was that they were a bit fast for me. I did them at my own pace, which was fine, but I was wondering if there was anything similar available that wasn't quite as fast. Also, how do the Sweat lab workouts compare to the other 2 Dreambody DVD sets? (the cardio set and the toning set) Are they just longer versions of the Sweat lab workouts? Is the pace the same? Is the intensity the same?
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-16, 06:03 PM  
ncl

Hi Sancho. I don't have Sweatlab yet but just ordered them, but i have the other 2 sets. I have heard that Sweatlab workouts are not as fast as the others. They do go at lightning speed on Dreambody. I have to give myself a talk beforehand that I have to go at a pace that is my pace, comfortable enough but challenging. I have heard some people say the Sweatlabs are easier than the others, not sure if that is content or length related.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-16, 07:32 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Sancho,

I have all the Dream Body workouts, and the first two sets are faster paced than the Sweat Lab set. What I like more about the first two sets are the fusion of cardio and toning, whereas Sweat Lab has separate cardio and toning workouts.

Due to length and also the choice of exercises, I also think the first two sets are harder than Sweat Lab. The original set is more toning based, and the second is more cardio, but to be honest they both have a good mix of toning and cardio. I think the very hardest workouts are in the cardio set (MILF and InTENse).

FYI there's also freebie shortie Dream Body Sweat Lab workouts on their youtube site.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-B...zqwqIMJY_0pZsg
Old 02-19-16, 08:00 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

This was described as a slower, dreambody-like workout;
http://www.amazon.com/Mixxtreme-Fitn.../dp/B00ES0XBXG
Old 02-19-16, 08:12 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
This was described as a slower, dreambody-like workout;
http://www.amazon.com/Mixxtreme-Fitn.../dp/B00ES0XBXG
I really like these and they are slower/less frantic paced than the Dream Body workouts. I need to pull them out again. They are definitely tough and not much easier (if any) than the Dream Body workouts. The background is strange with it all white and the production value isn't the best. To my recollection the Tabata workout doesn't have much barre toning in it, it is mostly just cardio. The other two have a really good mix and are very Dream Body like.
Old 02-19-16, 10:02 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

To be honest, I have the Mixxtreme set and have never gotten around to doing it . . so many workouts, so little time!

Tags
dream body, dreambody, sweat lab