Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-04-14, 03:33 PM  
sherry7899

I think those of us in cold weather areas are the ones with delays (plus Alta).
Our mail comes late in the day-between 4pm-5pm so I am hoping they will show up today.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 03:42 PM  
acey

I ordered a package (not DVDs, unbelievably) that shipped from New Jersey -- ONE STATE AWAY - First Class -- last Monday. And it's still not here!! According to USPS (U So Potently Suck) tracking, it had to make stops at what seems to be every post office branch between Bellmar, N.J. and NYC - and be sorted by every postal worker present.

Oh, only my contact lenses. I'm now down to my last one, for my left eye.

So much for First Class. I get the snowy weather, but really? One state away?

Sorry, had to vent.
Old 02-04-14, 03:50 PM  
sherry7899

Acey-I hope they get delivered today! I know what it's like to be down to one lens or one pair of contacts. I finally got my glasses updated from an old prescription just in case that ever happens (I hate wearing them).

Sherry

Old 02-04-14, 04:24 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I received an Amazon delivery yesterday, but the package was small.

I have had this problem in the past. Last Christmas season I ordered several gift items. The tracking said the package had been delivered, but I never received it. During that period I was home most of the time. I contacted Amazon immediately, and they made good on the order (which was large). I never found out what happened to the original order.

UPS messes up deliveries in my neighborhood every once in a while. I get things meant for my neighbors. I would suggest contacting both the shipper as well as Amazon immediately. Explain the situation and don't waste any time making a claim.

It may very well be the snow, but it could be something else as well.
Old 02-04-14, 04:32 PM  
sherry7899

Both packages just arrived!

Old 02-04-14, 04:35 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Acey-I hope they get delivered today! I know what it's like to be down to one lens or one pair of contacts. I finally got my glasses updated from an old prescription just in case that ever happens (I hate wearing them).

Sherry
Thanks Sherry -- they were received by the post office a couple of blocks away, but are STILL "out for delivery"?@?? WTH? At this point my company's mailroom is shutting down. I really cannot freaking believe this. No snow today, and the freaking office a few hundred yards away can't get my package to me.
Old 02-04-14, 05:13 PM  
PhyllisG

I have an order from amazon "out for delivery" as I post. Our P.O closes at 5 so I have no idea what happened . Haven't checked my mailbox to see if other mail has been delivered. Tonight and into tomorrow we are going to get a lot of snow so I doubt if it will show up tomorrow either. Disappointing.
I even like my mailman. He is a good guy.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 06:30 PM  
ellaenchanted

I had the opposite experience - I received my package a day early.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 07:09 PM  
catcrazy

I've noticed sometimes when it's smart post, it will say out for delivery when Fedx is delivering it to the post office, then the next day the mail carrier delivers it to your house.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 07:37 PM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
I've noticed sometimes when it's smart post, it will say out for delivery when Fedx is delivering it to the post office, then the next day the mail carrier delivers it to your house.
That is exactly what happened to me today. "Out for delivery" meant my P.O received it and I will have it tomorrow. I spoke to the P.O today and that is what they told me. By the time they received it this a.m the mail was already out for today. So according to them "if the world doesn't end" I will have it tomorrow. I mentioned the big snow storm coming....
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, usps