Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-14, 01:21 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

We have four totally separate accounts and addresses. I once called Amazon and asked about that "in the same household" requirement and was told it was fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200444180
Old 02-01-14, 02:13 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

They use fedex smartpost for Prime? There's no way anything would get to me in two days. More like two weeks.
Old 02-01-14, 03:34 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

inviting others to share Amazon Prime membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
We have four totally separate accounts and addresses. I once called Amazon and asked about that "in the same household" requirement and was told it was fine.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200444180
I share my Amazon Prime membership with DH and also my college-going daughter who lives in another state.

They don't seem to care that my 'household member' does not have the same shipping or billing address. However, to accept my invitation to share Amazon Prime my daughter had to provide her birthday and mine. It says on Amazon's website that they may also ask her for my birthdate when she places a Prime order, but so far they haven't.

BTW, my daughter's purchasing history is not shared with me, nor do I get recommendations that match her purchasing behavior (intimate apparel in a size 2? Nope!)

Also she gets free Amazon Prime 2-day shipping, but she can't stream free Amazon Prime movies with her Amazon login.
Old 02-01-14, 03:46 PM  
mamaste

If you're a charter subscriber, do not pay more. Amazon offered initial Prime memberships with the promise you would pay $79 forever. If you signed up in 2004-2005, you are most likely a charter member.
Old 02-01-14, 04:21 PM  
sherry7899

I wanted to share my Prime membership with someone who does not live in our household, and I was told that was not allowed.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 06:09 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
If you're a charter subscriber, do not pay more. Amazon offered initial Prime memberships with the promise you would pay $79 forever. If you signed up in 2004-2005, you are most likely a charter member.
Bummer. I didn't join til 2009-10 when I moved to the boonies (ok its only an hour away from Portland, but it felt like the sticks when I first moved here.) I did notice that regular Standard Shipping with Amazon shipments took longer when I moved here than when I lived in the city, which is why I got the Prime membership to begin with.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 06:33 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hmm, I'm about to renew my Amazon Prime. I'm sorry if I missed this info but if I pay the $79 is that price safe for the entire year or will it increase during these 12 months?

For the first time I'm considering not renewing, only because Amazon Prime makes it way too easy to randomly buy all year long and it adds up to a small fortune. I'd like to slow down my spending (on everything, not just exercise-related stuff) and having to pay for shipping or group purchases together for free shipping would certainly make it a lot less convenient, and therefore less expensive in the long run.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 07:04 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I have been a Prime member since the beginning. I always get my packages in two days or less, so maybe it's a matter of location. I almost never get them by USPS either. We order everything from Amazon and also use the free streaming shows a lot! I will continue to pay for Prime; it more than pays for itself in this household.
Agreed. Never giving up Prime.
Old 02-01-14, 08:51 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
For the first time I'm considering not renewing, only because Amazon Prime makes it way too easy to randomly buy all year long and it adds up to a small fortune. I'd like to slow down my spending (on everything, not just exercise-related stuff) and having to pay for shipping or group purchases together for free shipping would certainly make it a lot less convenient, and therefore less expensive in the long run.
I totally agree. Amazon Prime makes it a bit too easy to over-purchase.
My membership was recently auto-renewed. Thanks to this thread I added DH, DS and DD to my account.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 08:55 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I totally agree. Amazon Prime makes it a bit too easy to over-purchase.
My membership was recently auto-renewed. Thanks to this thread I added DH, DS and DD to my account.
Leslie, are they at different addresses? If so, did you have any trouble adding them like Sherry did?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon prime, usps