Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-14, 06:48 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I've been considering Prime because I hate how long it takes for things to get to me, especially since everyone seems to like fedex smartpost these days.
Old 02-01-14, 08:54 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I will also continue my prime membership. When I order online from another company, I pay at least $15 to ship a package.
I also use prime to send my gifts to family and friends.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 09:46 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Thanks for sharing this. I don't mind if there's an increase. This forum convinced me to cave on Prime last fall. I'm so glad I did. I'm never going back to non-Prime.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 11:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
My parents live in a rural area in Canada. When I was a teenager (so, like twenty years ago) the postal service had already switched to using contractors in their area to save money.
Yup, that's us. Our carrier is a contractor who bid for our route. The lowest bidder gets the job. He skips days sometimes.

I have tried complaining by phone, online and in person. The P.O. doesn't give a crap!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 11:29 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Yup, that's us. Our carrier is a contractor who bid for our route. The lowest bidder gets the job. He skips days sometimes.

I have tried complaining by phone, online and in person. The P.O. doesn't give a crap!
That stinks, Alta. Have you tried telling Amazon?
http://consumerist.com/2013/12/26/co...-amazon-prime/
Old 02-01-14, 11:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
That stinks, Alta. Have you tried telling Amazon?
http://consumerist.com/2013/12/26/co...-amazon-prime/
Yes, I have. I complain via phone or email EVERY time a shipment is late, lost or doesn't arrive.

I have literally begged them not to send my packages via the USPS. Every person I talk to says the same things. 1) They have no control over the carrier that is used and 2) They'll pass my concerns on to their shipping department. It hasn't helped.

I have received credits, rebates and 7 months of Prime for free. Amazon is great about fixing problems. I just wish they didn't use the USPS in the first place.

Many other vendors give the customer a choice of shippers at different price points. I sure wish I had that option with Amazon!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 12:29 PM  
Candiceena

I heard about this on the radio yesterday. I was not happy to hear this. It all makes sense though - now Sat delivery is $8.99/item; the Add-On program; and I have also been having terrible experiences lately; issues w/ textbook rental returns getting lost, packages not arriving on time, etc. USPS is awful in my area. I don't like how they use USPS & the "FedEx" system thats really USPS.

When I lived in AZ, 60 miles NW of Phx, I always got my packages next day as long as I ordered before about 2 or 3 pm. Including Saturdays. (Never Sundays). I agree that location has a lot to do with it.

However they are supposed to be building an Amazon warehouse next to my work which is about 20 mins from my house, so I am on the fence about keeping Prime. I don't really use the streaming videos (just not my thing, really).
Old 02-01-14, 01:02 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

If it goes up $20 or so, we will probably keep it.
Any more than that, and no, it will be gone. We live in a metro area and if I want something NOW, I can just get in the car and go.

I do enjoy the free book a month, but $120 a year will buy a number of books.

We have Netflix so we don't use the streaming.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 01:07 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I have a couple of elderly relatives piggybacking on my Prime (you can have up to four "relatives" sharing one...maybe it will turn out some of you are related? ), so dumping my Prime would mean they'd have to go out every time they need Prilosec and toilet paper. I wish it weren't going up, but it's still worth it to me.

Our cable company improved our streaming abilities recently, so maybe I can use some workouts now without lots of dramatic.

Pauses.
Old 02-01-14, 01:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I have a couple of elderly relatives piggybacking on my Prime (you can have up to four "relatives" sharing one...maybe it will turn out some of you are related? ), so dumping my Prime would mean they'd have to go out every time they need Prilosec and toilet paper. I wish it weren't going up, but it's still worth it to me.
Sarah, how did you manage this? There was some discussion of this on a previous VF thread, but it seemed to be that you could have one user, just shipping to different addresses, not several different users. Do you relatives have to order through you, or can they do their own order? My sisters & I would love to "share" a Prime membership, but only if it meant we could still maintain separate accounts.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, amazon prime, usps