Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-20, 06:40 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I might be biased as I used to be a substitute carrier for USPS but I found that USPS is almost always cheaper and faster for anything under 10 lbs then UPS. UPS doesn’t deliver where I live on the weekend so that is part of it. Amazon, UPS and Fed Ex all drop of pallets of parcels every day for USPS to deliver for them. I view UPS as the Nordstrom of shipping companies as in you pay more for slower (antiquated) service. I don’t understand why they’re still in business. USPS will pick up packages from your house just like UPS does, and they move packages faster instead of all that ground hauling and they’re cheaper and they deliver more days of the week. Oh, and one more and (sorry grammar people I know this isn’t a proper sentence) USPS has to deliver all their Priority packages in a day whereas UPS can take packages back if the driver works slow and then bring them back the next day to deliver them. USPS biggest flaw in my opinion is lack of advertising for all their services. UPS is probably more convenient but you end up paying more for that convenience. And, yes, I wish Postal clerks gave an ounce of effort to be friendly and have good customer service. It’s not that hard to smile and do your job properly i.e. don’t close your window and go on break when there is a line of people. But then that always confuses me at the DMV too which is a whole OTHER subject. Lol!!
I the USPS. The two main people who work at my closest USPS are actually pretty friendly but some workers at other post offices I go to are "all business" and don't smile much (towards customers at least). I also find their rates are generally cheaper than UPS, especially if I pay online using my paypal account.

I also the stamps!!! I buy my stamps online on the usps website though because they never seem to have the "cool" stamps available at the counter--just boring flags and winter birds and stuff like that (well, I enjoyed the winter birds at the beginning, but at a certain point, they got old--just like the winter berries stamps).

I also like that the USPS has historically provided decent job opportunities to black workers (since I think the 1800s). And I'm not sure but it seems like the USPS hires people with disabilities more than other places. For example, there's an employee who's deaf and can't really speak who works at the counter of one post office I go. He has a sign at his spot at the counter that informs you of this and he manages to handle all the customers just fine, mainly by using a lot of pointing and gestures.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
postage cost, share the wealth, shipping, usps