Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-18, 03:27 PM  
slockhart

I am very unfamiliar with the Firm. Can these DVDs that you talk about still be purchased?
Thanks
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 04:11 PM  
donnamp

Val - congrats on the new family member - dogs are great walking buddies! And walking really does melt the pounds off and tone the lower body w/out killing you!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 04:34 PM  
videofit

Switching from heavy weights to light weights. I've improved my upper body results by adding a pullup bar, not for pullups but to hang and lift my knees to tone my abs. It flattened my abs and built up my shoulders, upper back and upper chest as a 'side effect' of holding my own weight. I can also hold a plank longer as a result.
Old 03-20-18, 08:37 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
I am very unfamiliar with the Firm. Can these DVDs that you talk about still be purchased?
Thanks
Stacey
This is the one that started it all... oh the memories, the legwarmers, the glamour https://www.amazon.com/The-FIRM-Body..._&dpSrc=detail. In Amazon you can use keywords for The Firm Volume 1 and so forth and they should pull up. If you survive Vol. 1, then try the others. Susan Harris slays me every time.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 09:06 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Switching from heavy weights to light weights. I've improved my upper body results by adding a pullup bar, not for pullups but to hang and lift my knees to tone my abs. It flattened my abs and built up my shoulders, upper back and upper chest as a 'side effect' of holding my own weight. I can also hold a plank longer as a result.
That's very cool! How long do you hang? I know that Katy Bowman is a big advocate of hanging! (I can only imagine DH's reaction if I sadi I wanted to get a pull-up bar, LOL!)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 09:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Thanks
Stacey
Yes
You can also do a search of Firm on totalfitnessdvds.com and watch some clips to get more of an idea.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-18, 09:23 AM  
DawnMarie

Quote:
Thanks
Stacey
You can also look at fitnessfavorites.com she usually runs a nice deal if you buy all the classics as a set.
Old 03-21-18, 10:36 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Val - congrats on the new family member - dogs are great walking buddies! And walking really does melt the pounds off and tone the lower body w/out killing you!

Donna
Thanks, Donna! He's our 3rd baby now for sure!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biggest change, body weight workouts, over 50, results, successful weight loss, weights only