Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-17, 05:52 PM  
Garrie A.

Time for me to contribute to this thread. On May 1, I ordered (from a reliable third party seller on Amazon) a Liz Gillies Pilates dvd I've really been wanting (Progressive Pilates for Weight Loss). The tracking showed it shipped May 3.

It's being shipped via DHL Global Mail, then transferred to USPS. Here's the tracking:
"May 5 TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER (Raleigh, NC)

May 4, 2017
10:59 PM ET
Raleigh, NC, US ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY
12:58 AM ET
Stow, OH, US DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY

(Shipped date) May 3, 2017
7:55 PM ET
Stow, OH, US PROCESSED
7:48 PM ET
Stow, OH, US ARRIVAL DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY
9:30 AM EDT
EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
9:28 AM EDT
ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION RECEIVED: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND TRACKING WILL BE UPDATED SOON"

Currently, USPS shows it as "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS awaiting item" since May 4. I'm going to give it another week, since I'm fairly flexible and generous. I hope my package wasn't lost; the lowest price for the DVD is now about $52 , and I'm not willing to pay that much for it. I only paid about $7.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 06:09 PM  
donnamp

I mailed something at the end of December, 2016 which I know was received and the tracking still says it is in the PO!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-17, 06:51 PM  
rvagal

I spent way too much time an energy on USPS this week.

On May 7 we ordered an EZ Up from Amazon. May 11 USPS scanned it as delivered when my husband was sitting on our porch . . . not delivered. So Amazon sent a new one. Monday they scanned it as delivery attempt when I was sitting in my living room . . . nope!

So after a million Amazon chats (with India?) and navigating the ridiculous menu to speak to a real person at USPS, I was told to wait, it would definitely be delivered that night. Nope, not delivered. Same thing the next day; the rep in India said he had worked it out and it would definitely be delivered. It wasn't. I tried to call the local PO, but they just let it ring for a minute and then hang up without answering. I tried 5x!

I got through to another local PO which had a magic number to call my regular one, and they said, oh, they have both of your EZ Ups. You have to pick them up because they weigh too much (Amazon had already confirmed they weighed under the limit and should be delivered to my door).

If I had wanted to pick up my own EZ Up, I would have driven to Lowe's on May 7! It's totally fraud to scan a $200 item as delivered and allow Amazon to send a replacement when it's just sitting there in the PO.

At this point it was a matter of principle, and I managed to get Amazon to make the mailman come back to my house after hours with the EZ Up, but seriously.

I polled some friends from around the country and they all have USPS scan things as delivered that don't come for another day or two. My theory is that they can't accommodate Amazon's two day shipping requirement so they just merrily scan things as delivered or attempted delivery when they never move it out of the PO. They figure they'll get around to it before you complain, or you'll come in and get the item. An acquaintance who works for USPS says they're basically in revolt because they're expected to work longer hours than they're paid for. And I am sympathetic, but since this is a known problem it's on Amazon to contract with a carrier who can deliver on their promises and act ethically.

Silver lining -- I'm going to shop locally or at smaller retailers more. I buy too many things because it's so easy. If I can get it somewhere other than Amazon, that's what I'm going to do from now on. I have health problems so there are some things I really can't get anywhere else, but they've totally lost my loyalty.
Old 05-19-17, 06:58 AM  
antbuko

Hi Shannon, I feel your pain! When the USPS and Amazon are good, they are good, but when they're bad....GGRRHHH. So aggravating. I keep saying I will buy more stuff locally, but then there is the convenience of not having to make a trip to a brick and mortar store.
Old 05-19-17, 06:59 AM  
Garrie A.

Whew--my Liz Gillies DVD is available for pick up today. I was getting a little worried for a second.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 08:12 AM  
sherry7899

I am just baffled by the USPS. On Tuesday I mailed a graduation card to my niece, who lives 40 minutes away in NJ-same state where I live. I also mailed a package to Hawaii using first class mail. The package to Hawaii was delivered on Thursday (!!!) and the card that was traveling 40 minutes away had not made it as of Friday. I hope it isn't lost because I had a check in it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 09:04 AM  
prettyinpink

Deleted
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
usps