Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-17, 02:37 PM  
alisoncooks

Great thread! Thanks for putting it together.
I've signed up for a month streaming and I plan on doing it for January.

(My main goal is endurance -- we're going to Disney World in May and my endurance is sorely lacking! Maybe Callanetics + walking is the ticket. )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 05:22 PM  
noraW

I just completed Pure Callanetics with Lacey Kondi and I have to say I really enjoy her as an instructor. Her voice is soothing to me for some reason, so even if she talks it doesn't take away from the workout for me. It was a great workout and I feel nicely worked and stretched. I am loving these! This is only my secon workout but I did take measurements this morning so I can keep track of any aesthetic results.
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-17, 06:43 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Lannette,

Sandra is not featured in the 30 day DVD. I had questioned on Facebook why the new DVDs do not feature Sandra. I can't find the post right now but was told that Sandra had filmed a DVD in Sept and that it would be available for sale in a few months. I wonder if Body Beautiful is the new DVD?

Just noticed on Facebook that Karen Oliver wrote - "love this picture - can't wait to see the DVD".
Saw your post in the cafe. All I can tell you is that it's a great session. I hope it is released as a DVD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
Thanks Lannette for all of this information! Very helpful for those of us interested in Callanetics!
Sherry
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Great thread! Thanks for putting it together.
I've signed up for a month streaming and I plan on doing it for January.

(My main goal is endurance -- we're going to Disney World in May and my endurance is sorely lacking! Maybe Callanetics + walking is the ticket. )
I think that's a nice combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraW View Post
I just completed Pure Callanetics with Lacey Kondi and I have to say I really enjoy her as an instructor. Her voice is soothing to me for some reason, so even if she talks it doesn't take away from the workout for me. It was a great workout and I feel nicely worked and stretched. I am loving these! This is only my secon workout but I did take measurements this morning so I can keep track of any aesthetic results.
I totally didn't click with Lacey at first but loved her in the beginner countdown WO. Just be aware that her pulses, and the pulses of some of the participants are bigger than they should be. Be sure to check out Sandra's foundation vids on counter extensions and pulsing so you understand what it should look and feel like. Doing it properly will change your results.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 09:37 AM  
amomx5
VF Supporter

"Sandra's foundation vids on counter extensions and pulsing so you understand what it should look and feel like. Doing it properly will change your results."

I am considering subscribing to Callenetics and was wondering where I would find the video on counter extensions and pulsing so I can do that at the start as you said it will change my results. Thanks so much
Old 01-02-17, 09:46 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomx5 View Post
"Sandra's foundation vids on counter extensions and pulsing so you understand what it should look and feel like. Doing it properly will change your results."

I am considering subscribing to Callenetics and was wondering where I would find the video on counter extensions and pulsing so I can do that at the start as you said it will change my results. Thanks so much
Hi,
The foundation vids are stream only. If you go to workouts, you can find them near the bottom of the streaming categories, right under "relaxation."

Just yesterday in the cafe forums Sandra reiterated that the form tweaks in these videos are the basis for all the exercises no matter which instructor is leading. The primary concept is keeping your low ribs, hip bones and "pubic bone" lined up at all times. There are other concepts as well but this one is quite central.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 01-02-17, 12:16 PM  
mandie123

Did level one with Lacey today.I liked her teaching alot,and will continue thru the dvd levels.Still love Sandra,and hope she does release a new dvd,as I feel so relaxed when I do her classes
Old 01-02-17, 12:49 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandie123 View Post
Did level one with Lacey today.I liked her teaching alot,and will continue thru the dvd levels.Still love Sandra,and hope she does release a new dvd,as I feel so relaxed when I do her classes
On the cafe she mentioned that the release is set for next year. <groan>

There are 7 new Super Sculpt WOs on the site. They feature Sandra and Adelaide and are short.

Today I did Adelaide's Super Sculpt for abs abs SS for arms. Wow! True to Adelaide's MO they were super tough despite being 5 minutes a piece. They're each only 5-minutes long - so super efficient.

Old 01-02-17, 06:13 PM  
SueT

Lannette, what's Sandra's opinion on cardio? Does she recommend gentle cardio like walking to go along with Callanetics?

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 07:28 PM  
Lannette

Hi Sue,

I'm not sure. She has mentioned that she walks and dances for cardio but I have no idea what kind of dance.

I glanced through Callan's books and saw talk about the proper way to walk but not specific suggestions for cardio.

There's a 40 minute audio on the streaming site that I believe is Callan's old walking tape. She narrates it.

Old 01-02-17, 08:04 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
On the cafe she mentioned that the release is set for next year. <groan>
Wondering whether Sandra meant 2017 when she said next year? I was told the DVD was in editing.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callan pinckney, callanetics, lacey kondi, pretzel, sandra hanna