Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-14, 06:15 PM  
Scbayless

I would switch DC and Cathe's step once I got tired of just doing DC.
Old 01-17-14, 09:29 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
Suzie,
Congrats on your amazing results and thank you for sharing. Really makes me want to get TA.
But I would hate to give up KB's.
I still do my kettlebells. I love them too much to give up. I just started Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series and alternate it with TA. I've only done it for one week, but I think it's a good mix so far. I think I will throw in some RKS a couple days too. But for some reason TA's arm work slims my arms like nothing else! I've tried all kinds of different workouts and I get nice muscles but not much definition. TA gives me some arm definition that I've never had. Her ab work also pulls my waist in better than any other workout. I'm not a huge fan of her glute and leg work. I felt like I lost too much muscle and my butt flattened out, so I use my kettlebell workouts to counteract that.
Old 01-17-14, 09:32 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
You did 1 hour of MS and 1 hour of DC every day? 5 times a week? Impressive. I don't think I could keep that up.

Anyone do TA with other cardio. I'm not very coordinated to do dance cardio I think.
2 hours of working out everyday? I'm sure that would give great results no matter what workout you are doing! LOL! I'm not a big fan of dance cardio either, but I actually enjoy TA's Dance+Cardio and those workouts are only 30 minutes. I like the first one better than the second. 30 minutes of MS work and 30 minutes of cardio would be the most I'd be able to fit into a day.
Old 01-18-14, 12:59 AM  
Scorpio6

@SuzieC -- I also have Hashimoto's. What of Tracy's workouts did you do to lose the weight? I mean, what MS work, what type cardio? I can't do high impact at all because of arthritis so have to modify anything like that. TIA.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 08:34 AM  
Thenu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I had a really hard time losing weight. I had done Firm Express, Body Revolution (up to middle of phase 2 i think), JNL Fusion (1.5 months) but didn't see much change until I started Tracy.
So far, I have lost about 35 pounds and 44 inches. I just completed 6 months of Tracy. I sometimes throw in T-Tapp (just cause I love it but it hurts my back), a wee bit of Tonique (I'm still not really strong enough or have the endurance to do a lot of Tonique but I'll sometimes do one of her Express workouts), but it's been pretty much Tracy for me.
What really helps is that I don't have to think about it or choose my workout. It's all laid out for me. That works for me.
These were my results in the midsection (I prob. won't keep this picture posted very long but it's here now):
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps6d495c90.png
Another thing to add - I can't really do much weights. As soon as I start to get DOMS, it takes my body too long to recover and I just feel spent. But I have Hashimoto's so I think that's why. I fatigue really easily, and need to be careful about that. With Tracy's workouts, I felt really challenged but my body felt invigorated rather than broken down. It's not for everyone, but if you want to try it, give it at least a couple of weeks to see if it fits with your needs. Have fun!
Suzie thanks for sharing your amazing results. I also have to lose 30-40 pounds I gained over the past few years but having a hard time losing weight. I am an intensity junkie and gets bored easily with the same type of workouts.

I have been looking to try TA one of these days but every time I start doing TA after couple of days miss other workouts and lose track. I am not able to do TA consistently may be because of lack of good music and cue or because of my nature to pick and choose the workout of the day. I would appreciate any tip to follow TA consistently.
Thenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 10:20 AM  
jackie7

Which TA DVDs do you use? I am not TA literate so I don't know what MS is. Are her videos effective without getting the expensive series? Thanks
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 12:16 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
Which TA DVDs do you use? I am not TA literate so I don't know what MS is. Are her videos effective without getting the expensive series? Thanks
I did a search and it's Metamorphosis.

ETA: Oops. I saw MS in a paragraph about Metamorphosis and jumped to the wrong conclusion.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 12:27 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
MS = muscular structure work.

She has a ton of stuff on youtube.... just do a search. This a great site that lists almost everything she has out there http://masteringthemethod.blogspot.c...hot-links.html

You can definitely start with the free and less expensive stuff first for sure!!

Pamela

Last edited by pcramer; 01-19-14 at 01:35 PM. Reason: removed a link
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 01:16 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I still do my kettlebells. I love them too much to give up. I just started Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series and alternate it with TA. I've only done it for one week, but I think it's a good mix so far. I think I will throw in some RKS a couple days too. But for some reason TA's arm work slims my arms like nothing else! I've tried all kinds of different workouts and I get nice muscles but not much definition. TA gives me some arm definition that I've never had. Her ab work also pulls my waist in better than any other workout. I'm not a huge fan of her glute and leg work. I felt like I lost too much muscle and my butt flattened out, so I use my kettlebell workouts to counteract that.
Good to know SQ.Mommy…about the KB still being part of TA.
Sounds like a win win combo of KB and TA. I may just not be able to resist.
Congrats on the ab and arm results. I have RKS, may have to figure out how to do this as it sounds like a great complement combo. Thanks.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-14, 02:46 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
@SuzieC -- I also have Hashimoto's. What of Tracy's workouts did you do to lose the weight? I mean, what MS work, what type cardio? I can't do high impact at all because of arthritis so have to modify anything like that. TIA.
Hi Scorpio,
Her Metamorphosis and Continuity programs both consist of 30 minutes of MS (muscular structure - her form of toning) and 30 minutes cardio.
I couldn't do the high impact at first and really had to build up to it. (I was starting at 195 lbs, I'm 5 foot 4 inches, so I was carrying a lot of extra weight).
Her new Dance+Cardio is the lowest impact of her cardio and I think has very little impact. It would be a good place to start. When I started, I had her book and it comes with two 10 minute cardio segments. Sometimes that 10 minutes of cardio was all I did. It was enough for me when I started. I built up to the cardio in Teen meta which has impact but is lower impact than her metamorphosis cardio. If you don't want to invest in the full system at first, I think the Mat workout or her Beginner workout would be a good place to start, as well as the Dance+Cardio. If you are more advanced, there is Precision toning. I think that's the gentlest way to start with Tracy. Maybe others can chime in with their experience too.

If you can do mini-trampoline, Tracy has two trampoline workouts available - you might even be able to find longer clips of them on youtube.

I want to stress I REALLY had to build up to the cardio and went through several pairs of running shoes to find what didn't hurt my body. The Nike Shox were a disaster for me (no support for someone as heavy as i was). I finally found the Reebok Zigtech Sharks and they made a world of difference.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, tam, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results