Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-13, 12:58 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

That is tacky and disingenuous. I understand wanting to get feedback to better your product, but it is childish and petty to do so at the expense of someone else. This isn't as bad as the whole Zuzanna vs. Freddy debacle playing out on Facebook, but this is still pretty low.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 01:01 PM  
desderata

Quote:
I do think this is one of the disadvantages of social media--we sometimes learn a little too much about instructors/actors/media personalities. Back in the day, they put out a product (or a film or whatever), we decided if we liked it, bought it and that was it. Now we have to sometimes tune out the background noise of red carpet interviews, FB posts, comment wars, blog entries, etc.
I totally agree with this - it's why I really avoid instructors' forums, facebook pages, etc. I may be naive, but I'd rather feel the positive vibes they usually send out in their workouts and not know if they're not really that way in real life situations. My workout time is healthy mind/body/mood time for me.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 01:30 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
I think it had to do with comments on YouTube or something like that?
Yes! That was it. She was encouraging her fans to go to Youtube and debate (for lack of a better word) against people criticizing her workouts. Very immature...like a 15 year old.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 01:34 PM  
suegy3

Only 26 years old? She's old enough to know better. This is the behavior of a teenager. Not a 26 year old woman.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 02:09 PM  
Buzzer

Part of why I am no longer a fan of Hamelin D'Abell is because he started slamming TA. There's room for everyone, and the childish calling out other instructors and methods bristles me.
People follow both methods, or several methods, and don't want to hear about your drama.
I guess it's like the schoolyard though, and the popular pretty girl gets talked about, so maybe it's flattering in that way?
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 03:28 PM  
princess76

How rude and unprofessional!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 04:12 PM  
Candiceena

This ticked me off, BIG TIME.

I went and posted on their Facebook sharing my thoughts.

I might have been interested in something like this but now, I will never do their workouts. Ever. I don't give two you-know-whats how old she is. I am 25 years old. I have the sense not to say that kind of thing....if she is old enough to attempt to run a business, she should be old enough to mind her words. Very, very poor PR.
Old 07-20-13, 04:17 PM  
Candiceena

Gosh ... I have to post again. I read the responses from BUTI to some of the comments that echoed the general consensus of this thread. What an immature girl she must be. Sad, sad, sad. It sounds like this program is pretty great from a fitness-only perspective but boy...this Bizzie woman should really be ashamed of herself. She hints that TA causes/encourages eating disorders in one of her responses. WTH? I mean, where does she get the info to back that up??

She should be very careful. TA probably has a much larger empire, financially speaking, and she is probably walking the thin line of slander when she makes statements about TA causing/contributing to eating disorders.
Old 07-20-13, 06:16 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
Part of why I am no longer a fan of Hamelin D'Abell is because he started slamming TA. There's room for everyone, and the childish calling out other instructors and methods bristles me.
People follow both methods, or several methods, and don't want to hear about your drama.
I guess it's like the schoolyard though, and the popular pretty girl gets talked about, so maybe it's flattering in that way?
I missed that with Hamelin. Weird how he can say anything about TA when his method is a mix of TA and Callanetics.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 06:54 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I am too lazy and unmotivated to chime in on FB, but I made sure to like Debbie and Candice's comments. . But like I mentioned in my previous comments, if you want see an ugly example of two fitness brands acting unprofessional unprofessional on social media, check out the recent Freddy/Bodyrock vs. Zuzanna debacle. For the most part, Z has handled herself well, while Freddy has been nothing but whiny, entitled and confrontational (he recently bashed Lululemon because they don't sponsor Bodyrock, apparently), but dang I feel I know too much about their impending divorce than I need to know.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bizzie gold, buti, buti fitness