Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-11, 05:07 AM  
PhyllisG

I have Tracey's book and PDS sitting on my shelf virtually unused. I skimmed the book did disc 1 & 2 and then drifted off to something else. But after the OP I am definitely going to read that book and make a commitment to give TA's Method a better chance. I really do think she is on to something and all I have to do is look at her dancing around and admire how fit she looks and acts. I don't see why her method would be any more likely to encourage a stress fracture than any other method when done to excess. I remember Brenda from Cathe's workouts injuring herself while training for a triathalon (?). Anyway I have a day off today and I think I will give Tracey's book a more careful read. I remember I did like the recipes. Thank you for your post!
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 05:29 AM  
bearcatfan

Wait ... what .... almost four hours of working out? Anyone would lose weight with that regimen.

That said, I realized my library had this book and I reserved it. I'll be interested in reading it, but I know realistically I cannot commit to that kind of workout nor that kind of diet in the real world.
Old 01-17-11, 05:40 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Wait ... what .... almost four hours of working out? Anyone would lose weight with that regimen.

I cannot commit to that kind of workout nor that kind of diet in the real world.
That's what I said earlier in a upthread...I once did Turbo Jam 1-2 x a day, everyday for 3 months, (my at the time BF was taking me to Europe ) I dropped 50 lbs, so I could theorize that Turbo Jam is one helluva of method to..but realistic ANY method TA or Turbo Jam would work with those kind of DI*t and exercise commitents...I'm just saying
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 05:53 AM  
2ndgen

I am not a fan of TA.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 07:19 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
The time commitments, the cost and the diet...I'm glad it worked for Fit1mom and others and I have no doubt there's a method to her...method...but for me, NO method, style or system of exercise will work (to make me teeny-tiny) without cleaning up my eating.

BTW, I love your post, Fit1mom Your honesty and your insights are invaluable. As I said, I'm glad her method worked for you. It's really nice when you find something that works, esp. when post-partum
Old 01-17-11, 07:32 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
for me, NO method, style or system of exercise will work (to make me teeny-tiny) without cleaning up my eating.
That's my conclusion too. What I eat defines how much I weigh. Exercise helps me not balloon out, but it won't make me tiny. I doubt anything will make ME tiny....
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 07:41 AM  
2ndgen

And I don't want to be teeeny tiny.

Exercise for me is for health, not tiny.

I don't think TA is a healthy role model.
2ndgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 07:55 AM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 08:12 AM  
dickensgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
best. Review. Ever.

ITA!!!!!

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 08:34 AM  
PhyllisG

I don't think TA is a healthy role model.[/QUOTE]

I am not going to voice an opinion as to whether or not TA is a healthy role model but I will say watching her dance she is amazing. I think she looks in incredible shape -- not too thin--and really has stamina. She has a buoyancy about her that is enviable--aerobic floor or not.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 day method, arms, barre, plastic surgery, results, tracy anderson, tracy anderson book, tracy anderson bootcamp, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results