Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-15, 11:00 AM  
lunarraine

Fitbit Charge HR update ??

Part venting, part question...

Did anyone else have trouble with the recent update?

This morning, I noticed on my Fibit dashboard that I needed to update my Charge HR. First I tried it from my phone and got a message that that the update failed. Since I had errands to run, I figured I'd try it later. I didn't notice until after I'd already walked through Lowes, Home Depot and the farmer's market end to end twice that my Fitbit only showed the update bar and wouldn't change to show even the time. Sure enough, when I got home, none of those steps had showed up on my dashboard

After trying twice more to update via phone twice, then the plugged into the lap top twice, I checked the fitbit community and saw that this seems to be a problem for a lot of people. One of the suggestions I saw was to unpair from the phone and then update via the usb with the laptop.

And it worked!!

Except, now, I can't sync it with either the phone or with the laptop by the dongle. Neither recognize it as a bluetooth device. I can only sync by plugging it in. Which is very frustrating. I have sent an email, but the expected response time is 2-3 days. (I'm guessing because SO many people seem to be having trouble with the update.)

So my question is, has anybody had this trouble and figured out a fix?

Also, a warning: If you get the message to update, you may want to hold off until Fitbit gets the bugs ironed out.

ETA: Well, now everything is pairing just fine. I didn't do anything, except open the app to update my water consumption and it synced.

Last edited by lunarraine; 07-08-15 at 11:52 AM. Reason: update
lunarraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 09:19 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. I usually have problems with my Charge not syncing workouts to the dashboard. If I had it to do all over again I would invest in a Polar A300.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 09:24 AM  
BigBadBetty

I just did my update today. It is working fine. My only issue is that the update took much longer than 10 minutes that they told me it would take. I was just sitting at my desk so it didn't cause me any difficulty.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-15, 12:34 PM  
momof10

If you ever have that problem or any problem with a Fitbit, just call this number in my link. I have done it several times and got to talk to someone in less than a minute. Keep this for future reference. 😊😊

http://gethuman.com/phone-number/Fitbit/

Cheryl
Old 07-10-15, 01:24 PM  
Stephanie_B

Mine did the update whilst I was on the treadmill this morning, it was fine.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote