Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-21, 11:15 AM  
Lori_Michigan

If I have all of KCM's DVDs, is KCM's RAW worth it?

I'm slowly coming back from a torn meniscus in Feb. So I can't do *any* impact or jumping at all. I'm just getting back into weights since walking daily only aggravates my knee. But sitting on my butt all day isn't doing anything for (1) my mental health and (2) this 30 lb. perimenopause weight gain. (But I've recently come to terms with the fact that nothing will work for this. I've literally tried everything so I've given up trying anymore. It's just not going to do anything but frustrate me and add to my growing depression. But I just miss the fun of working out and feeling good.)

I haven't tried KCM's RAW streaming mostly because (1) I have all of her DVDs and (2) I already subscribe to Cathe Live. But I'm finding that I need about 45 mins a day of *something* to keep me moving without aggravating my knee.

Oddly enough, weight training in the past couple weeks hasn't aggravated it. So I figure I might as well do something rather than just sit here and wallow in my denial. Short of time travel, nothing will take me back to where I was a few years ago, but I might as well as have some fun and do things I enjoy -- like KCM!

But do I need her streaming if I have all DVDs? Are there enough boxing and low impact stuff or is it too heavy weights and high impact? I can easily modify Cathe now, so I'm wondering if I might enjoy these. How's the music in the streaming? I've always liked her DVD music.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-21, 07:13 PM  
schoolgirl-01

she give a free couple of days so you can check it out.

i have it and all her dvds and this is my 2nd month and i'll most likely switch after next month.

she does have some longer raw videos and many at a slower pace compared to her dvds and i've been enjoying those longer slower workouts.

i don't like to keep a bunch of subscriptions at one time so i rotate between a few thru the year.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 05:20 AM  
IceQueen07

I have all of her dvds and her RAW and honestly never really do the dvds anymore and just pick a RAW workout. I just like them better, the music is better IMO and that motivates me. There is a variety of different workouts, amount of time and even some short ones. Do a trial and see if it is a good fit for you.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 06:56 AM  
Tugger31

I haven't done RAW before, but just wanted to say good job on persevering. I know exactly what you are going thru. I have degenerative disc disease (affected areas now are cervical and lumbar) and have had one spinal surgery already and I'm trying my best to prevent another! I no longer can do impact either, can't do any overhead weight lifting, not allowed to do crunches, squats bother my back etc etc. I have also gained about 20 lbs during menopause and like you, I can eat well etc and except for an initial 2-3 lb weight loss, it just stalls. I have had my share of days of wallowing in self pity, but always come around to the fact, that I've only got one body and I must keep going! After being very active and doing primarily Cathe workouts, a sudden change in everything was hard to deal with. Do allow yourself to wallow a bit without guilt if that is what you need. It sounds counter intuitive to say that, but it's almost like a stage of grief to go through. I applaud you for looking for things you CAN do. I still have bumps in the road and my surgery was over a year ago, but not doing anything is certainly not the answer for me. What has helped me is having mini goals and giving up the idea of having to do a specific workout rotation. That was just setting myself up for failure b/c I never know from day to day what my body is going to like. Try not to get too discouraged if/when you have a set back. Instead of getting down on myself for always having to modify I have just looked at the modifications as doing things in my own unique way. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 07:58 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Another way to try it out: she is putting a few RAW workouts onto DVD for purchase. I'm waiting for that!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-21, 10:52 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks, everybody, those are all good ideas. I'll give it a month and see how much I'm using it.

Tugger31 -- I am the exact same. I'll lose 2-3 pounds by lowering calories for a month or two, and then boom it just comes back and usually more than I had lost. I've learned that my body doesn't like lowering calories, nor does it like just sitting around doing nothing, or just walking every day. I've spent 3 years trying to change the inevitable, and I've just mentally suffered from thinking any one thing would change this. It won't in my case. I've quite literally tried everything food/calorie wise, and it's the same result every time. And I've quite literally tried everything workout wise, and it's the same result every time. So I've given up trying. I figure I might as well just eat what sounds good and work out how I like. I now consider myself the queen of modifying, as I can barely complete a workout as intended, but at least I'm up and moving. I've also come to terms with the fact that working out now at 47 is not going to do anything for the weight but now it's just for the mental benefits. I like working out with Cathe, KCM, Tracie Long, mostly because I like working out with weights and I feel good. These workouts used to control my weight quite well, but now I know there's no chance of that anymore. Injuries after injuries of not properly modifying or resting when I needed it were the wake-up calls that I missed. Lots of life lessons in the late-40s. But gosh I'm tired of focusing on what I can't do, or constantly feeling like I'm 87. Thanks for your encouragement, I really appreciate it. It has really made my day!
Old 06-28-21, 08:47 AM  
Tugger31

Glad sharing my similar experience was helpful. Keep on keepin' on is the motto of the day. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need to vent!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 09:52 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

She did put a few RAW workouts on YouTube. She took a few done which I liked but it gives you a taste of what she is offering.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 11:37 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks for the YouTube tip! Is the music quality any better in her other RAW videos? Seems kind of low and hard to hear (or that could just be my declining hearing!).

Tags
kcm, kcm raw