Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-19, 10:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
that's why i like going to used book sales/thrift stores.... i'm both a collector and enthusiast.
EXACTLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I purchased, traded and received the wealth upon discovering fitness DVDS and this forum. Trading was so much fun I was not familiar with many instructors or various workout styles besides weight lifting. Once I realized the workouts that fits my style and interests, I traded the ones I would never use. I can say that 99% of my collection are workouts that I use or may use in a future. I have my favorites and some virgins still.

I like the variety that my collection offers. I am keeping my DVDs for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I love my dvds, and won't be getting rid of them. Technological doodads change, but workouts that work for me are worth holding onto.

I'm currently enjoying my time at the local Y, but I have different goals just now and that's working for me. At some point in the future I'll be back with my dvds and searching for yet another new path to explore. If I got rid of my dvds I'd have to start the hunt for instructors I can tolerate all over again. Not doing that.
Yes! Having discovered workouts for different stages of my fitness journey I wouldn't want to have to replace. The untried workouts are fun to have and I don't feel any guilt because they really don't take up much room.

I recently did a rotation to use as many new to me (or not used enough) workouts in 30 days as possible. The generic version is based off a Jessica Smith rotation:
Total body
Intervals
Abs/back/stability/core
Cardio +strength/circuit
Stretch
Wild card
Rest

It was super exciting shopping my collection and plugging in workouts. At the end of the month, I was all hyped to start a harder rotation. I will do that again whenever I feel like I'm sensing a slump.

Was it Vantreesta who said I can't die as long as I have new workouts to try out?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 10:32 AM  
Vantreesta

Haha! Yep, Linda, that was me!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 11:12 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Put them on external hard drive. And another one for backup. Most DVD players now have USB drive so you can play directly from your player.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 12:47 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Put them on external hard drive. And another one for backup. Most DVD players now have USB drive so you can play directly from your player.
I didn't know the DVD players had USB drives (mine is old). Any particular brand? I normally plug the USB into my TV, but going through the DVD would be so much easier.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 12:57 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Any quick and dirty lessons for how to do this? I have some favorites that I want to preserve that are OOP. TIA!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 08:28 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Haha! Yep, Linda, that was me!
I thought it was you!
As you can tell, it resonated with me...It should be on a coffee mug

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 08:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I thought it was you!
As you can tell, it resonated with me...It should be on a coffee mug
That would be great! You made me smile this morning. Made my day to be quoted!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 10:18 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl View Post
Any quick and dirty lessons for how to do this? I have some favorites that I want to preserve that are OOP. TIA!
I converted/ripped my DVD to mp4 files. Just drag and drop on your external drive. Then connect to your DVD player via its USB port. Cathe downloads come as m4v files. My DVD plays both.
Old 12-29-19, 10:22 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I didn't know the DVD players had USB drives (mine is old). Any particular brand? I normally plug the USB into my TV, but going through the DVD would be so much easier.
I have a Samsung. I saw Sony had it too. I have a 4TB drive that my player could not read (its my computer backup drive which includes everything on my computer). I do not have problems with 500GB, 1TB and 2TB hard drive.
Old 12-29-19, 10:24 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I use Freemake to convert my DVD to mp4. There are others that VFers use... DVD Fab, DVD Shrink, Handbrake, etc. I have the paid version of Freemake (probably $20-40?).

Tags
large collection, purge regrets, purging, purging dvds