Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-19, 09:37 AM  
rheash92

For those that have several DVDs/Virgins

I have accumulated so many DVDs in the last few years of which most of them are virgins. I have used some Cathe DVDs on and off but all others are in a box. I am using mostly BOD for streaming. I am feeling so bad about my DVDs lately. I kee telling myself that I will use them but just don’t reach for them as it is easy to stream. And to top that I am also considering a couple other streaming sites. Am I crazy? For those who are in this situation, are you still streaming or just using the DVDs? Just don’t know what to do and if I should get rid of the DVDs? Any opinions? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:10 AM  
bubbles76

I got a bunch of virgins and a large collection. I don't stream much though. When I do stream, it's mostly yoga or Jessica Smith. If you don't see yourself going back to DVDs, I say keep the ones you use the most (and the ones that are out of print that you think you'd miss) and donate the rest. Or Share the Wealth You may decide that you're burned out on streaming or may move to a part of the country where internet is not the best. Or you may need to relocate the room where you exercise, and WiFi isn't the best in that part of the house.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 10:40 AM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
I have accumulated so many DVDs in the last few years of which most of them are virgins. I have used some Cathe DVDs on and off but all others are in a box. I am using mostly BOD for streaming. I am feeling so bad about my DVDs lately. I kee telling myself that I will use them but just don’t reach for them as it is easy to stream. And to top that I am also considering a couple other streaming sites. Am I crazy? For those who are in this situation, are you still streaming or just using the DVDs? Just don’t know what to do and if I should get rid of the DVDs? Any opinions? Thanks!
This is me. You're not alone. I'm also a member at a local Club Pilates on top of streaming multiple sites and having many virgin DVDs. What I did at one point was create a spreadsheet listing all my DVDs (I'm an accountant), viewed them (fast-fowarding most times), and rated them 1-5 to see if I'd ever consider actually doing them. It took a few days but it made me feel a little better that I at least watched them.

I'm trading/selling the ones I rated 1 or 2. I had planned to go through one DVD or workout a day but that hasn't happened. DVDs don't take up much space so I'll keep the ones I think I'll do in the future.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:13 AM  
Scorpio6

I'm hanging onto everything. Streaming can be unreliable.

I have found the two things I have a subscription for, I don't use them much, and intend to cancel when the intro period runs out. Out of sight, out of mind, but those attractive dvd cases are sitting right there and look like so much fun.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:15 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I only use part of my collection so it's kinda similar. I also have Cathe Live. I've decided I'm streaming one site at a time. After Cathe it's BBOD.

I'm keeping whatever I have. They are not worth selling. I SASE, and fill in Request the Wealth. I peruse the Exchange Listing and offered them as SASE. Basically I'm not doing much to weed out my collection. They are also sentimental value for me. It's time gone by...

I could see these DVDs will just be 'junk' to almost everybody. Only a select few people will appreciate them. To some extent, I just don't think they have much value anymore. Most of them will end up in the thrift store. If you want to get rid of them, do it now before they are obsolete.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:45 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
If you want to get rid of them, do it now before they are obsolete.
This is how I feel. I will of course keep my precious, but I do think dvds are quickly becoming less and less popular. If I see something on somebody's tradelist that I have, I will send it to them.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 11:47 AM  
Sunshine

Question

I still have DVD's

and I keep my VHS since Dvd's sometimes freeze.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 12:15 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I love my DVDs. All the different personalities and variety of exercises, I have an impressive collection. I have some virgins. I look forward to doing them. I want to hold onto them. I view them as priceless. Incredibly kind people who have given me DVDs for postage are my heros. Each of them I honor. I keep my DVDs in my Discgear 50s. I know my family will think I am crazy when I die and they go through my stuff. I don't even consider streaming since I have workouts to do. I have lists of my DVDs on paper and admire people on VF who use excel, etc. I check VF every day to see what is happening. I worry about the disappearing world of DVDs. Which makes VF that much more important.
Old 05-11-19, 07:48 PM  
maitai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
I love my DVDs. All the different personalities and variety of exercises, I have an impressive collection. I have some virgins. I look forward to doing them. I want to hold onto them. I view them as priceless. Incredibly kind people who have given me DVDs for postage are my heros. Each of them I honor. I keep my DVDs in my Discgear 50s. I know my family will think I am crazy when I die and they go through my stuff. I don't even consider streaming since I have workouts to do. I have lists of my DVDs on paper and admire people on VF who use excel, etc. I check VF every day to see what is happening. I worry about the disappearing world of DVDs. Which makes VF that much more important.
WoW! This is me. Thanx
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-19, 08:03 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softshoe View Post
Me also! But I have to be honest—I have more than a few virgins. But it is fun to go shopping in my collection for a “new” workout.

Tags
large collection, purge regrets, purging, purging dvds