violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I couldn't purge down to 200!
Haaaaaaaa! Ain't that the truth!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 12:13 PM  
rhbrand

I probably should purge down. I have a bunch of workouts I"m 99.99999% sure I'll either never do again, or do one more time, then put away never to be touched again.

Maybe during these few days off I'll gather some to donate, and some to put up on the Facebook selling group.
Old 04-09-18, 05:41 PM  
maitai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I couldn't purge down to 200!

Jajajajajajaja
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-18, 05:52 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantreesta View Post
i couldn't purge down to 200!

lol!
Old 04-09-18, 06:08 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
J
Now that dvds have virtually no trade-in value, I am going to try to focus on NOT purchasing ANYTHING new rather than getting rid of what I already have. (...though I may get rid of a few!)

Not purchasing anything new is what I have decided to do from time to time but have thus far not been very successful. My DH said that I should not buy anything when it is first released but wait for a year and if I still want it after a year then acquire it then.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 06:51 AM  
Rhonda

I was doing so well last year getting rid of DVDs and for some reason have stopped and started to buy again. I don't need anything. I really need to get to purging again, and I keep telling myself to go downstairs and look at everything.

I have most Cathes and there are ones I know I will never do, so why don't I get rid of them. I have Gilads and they are still wrapped, I keep going back and forth. Firms have most of them and I know I will never do certain ones so why don't I purge. I have so many others, a ton of Yoga that I know I won't do certain DVDs, so why is it I can't get down there and purge.

I need to purge, I need to purge, I need to purge
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 07:43 AM  
enduranceron

I "kinda" did this...I converted every DVD I have to digital (.mp4) and stored them on a external Hard Drive (backed up of course) then donated or gave away all the physical media. That way I get the best of both worlds, less physical space taken up but the workout aren't really gone.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-18, 07:57 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduranceron View Post
I "kinda" did this...I converted every DVD I have to digital (.mp4) and stored them on a external Hard Drive (backed up of course) then donated or gave away all the physical media. That way I get the best of both worlds, less physical space taken up but the workout aren't really gone.
I have been trying to figure out the best way to convert my DVDs to digital. May I ask what software you use? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 10:32 AM  
enduranceron

I use Wondershare or DVDVideoSoft mostly. The version (free) I have of Wondershare (no longer available) converts almost any DVD but places a watermark. If you want to pay (around $50) for the licence it won't pout a watermark on there.

It does take sometime to find a tool you like and to actually do the converting but now that it is behind it is great. Everything on drive, put it onto my tablet and workout.

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." - Thomas Carlyle

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Ghandi
enduranceron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 02:08 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduranceron View Post
I use Wondershare or DVDVideoSoft mostly. The version (free) I have of Wondershare (no longer available) converts almost any DVD but places a watermark. If you want to pay (around $50) for the licence it won't pout a watermark on there.

It does take sometime to find a tool you like and to actually do the converting but now that it is behind it is great. Everything on drive, put it onto my tablet and workout.
Thanks so much or this info. I tried Handbrake on my PC and did not like the interface. I'm also curious if the paid versions are that much faster/better than the free versions. I'm almost done with my excel file and I have about 1700 dvds so far, so it will be a HUGE undertaking for sure!!!!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large collection