Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-17, 09:26 PM  
Genevieve M

Does anyone out there still do Tracey Andersen workouts?

I remember a time when she all the talk of this board. Any followers out there still?
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 10:07 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I definitely enjoy her workouts, I use the occasional Meta abcentric or omnicentric to supplement my barre/Dream Body/Tonique workouts. But I don't do them religiously. Although the one time I did, I got great results! (I made it 10x each level through level 4 of abcentric). I just needed more variety.

I think there's a few people that use her online streaming and get great results. Maybe they'll chime in.
Old 03-13-17, 01:34 PM  
desie

I've been doing TA workouts as my mainstay for almost a year. I didn't mean to, but it is just so easy for me to do and I really enjoy the creative movements. And it has a physiotherapy effect on me. She does so much right side, now left side, that I can really pinpoint where I am tight and how to move to release tension on the bad side by comparing how it feels on the good side. I have a lot less resting muscle tension than I used to. I feel great! My flexibility is the same, my strength is the same, my measurements are the same. But somehow I feel really gorgeous and can't believe how good I look when I pass a mirror. I look different to myself. I guess I am different inside - more relaxed or happy or something. It may be from TA movements, well I suppose it must be a little bit, since that is what is different, but I would also say it is from staying with physical activity that is always energizing, never draining.
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 09:29 PM  
SuzieC

I am still doing realtime - beginner. It's the 30 minute realtime offering. When my back doesn't allow me to do realtime, I will use one of her beginner DVDs. I can no longer do her cardio, other than the beginner cardio DVDs. I usually do Jessica Smith for cardio these days...and I also do Essentrics and Kundalini yoga.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 01:54 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I definitely enjoy her workouts, I use the occasional Meta abcentric or omnicentric to supplement my barre/Dream Body/Tonique workouts. But I don't do them religiously. Although the one time I did, I got great results! (I made it 10x each level through level 4 of abcentric). I just needed more variety.

I think there's a few people that use her online streaming and get great results. Maybe they'll chime in.

I'm the same, I get burnt out with the same Tracy workout. I sometimes wonder if the results would still be tangible if I switched them up everytime so there is no boredom.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 01:55 PM  
Julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
I'm the same, I get burnt out with the same Tracy workout. I sometimes wonder if the results would still be tangible if I switched them up everytime so there is no boredom.
I mean Doing a different Tracy workout everyday or most days.
Julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 06:56 PM  
lorajc

I've never been able to stick with it past about a month and a half . I'm sort of beginner due to some injuries (bad) and a year off so I'll start with the beginners and have to do segments of the longer ones as I build up. I really miss her playlists. They really motivated me and I started a Pandora station but it's not the same. I liked​ the mix of music she had.....Even though I'm a rocker....I prefer different when I do her MS.

I'm gonna start soon. I'm gonna read on her private TA community​ on FB this week to get pumped since her other site is just announcements​ is studio openings and such!

Let me know what you end up deciding.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 10:15 AM  
Travelmug

I'm pretty much doing a Tracy workout most days - the "beginner" streaming workout and then a streaming cardio one. I never would've thought I'd like her cardio so much, but here we are. I love and prefer the routine-based dance movements - free-styling is not interesting enough for me.

Also did a trial of Dancebody but it isn't the same for me, so Tracy it is.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 07:59 PM  
Scorpio6

desie:
Could you please tell specifically what Tracy A. you are doing -- streaming, or if DVDs, which ones? Thanks!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-17, 03:39 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA is my main workout. I got through 2 years of hip centric then got side tracked with injuries. Starting over with TA glute centric (just to try something slightly different). I'm on level 4 now. I've been throwing in a couple of days of more traditional weight work after I finish a level. I can only do TA cardio every other day, so I sub a low impact type workout the other days.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson