Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-21, 09:44 AM  
geojill

Question Fitbit Sense

Does anyone have the Fitbit Sense? If so, what do you think about it? I did a tag search but couldn't find anything.

I am currently using the Charge 3. I have not been interested in the Versa because I did not plan on using the features of a smart watch (no notifications come to my watch, they are turned off for Charge 3). But I am interested in some of the health related features on the Sense. It's pretty pricey, so I'd like to hear what others think about it before buying.
Old 05-02-21, 01:53 PM  
LAC

I don't have a Sense, so I can't answer your specific question, but I'll share that I bought an Inspire HR last year and I really don't care for it much. It will not connect with my MacBook Air at all and, judging by the posts on their site, this is a known and widespread issue and they just don't care. Since FitBit was recently bought out by Google, I'm guessing it will never be fixed.

I'm not really interested in an Apple watch, but when my Inspire dies, I'll definitely be moving away from FitBit and onto some other brand/platform.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-21, 04:53 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I'm not really interested in an Apple watch, but when my Inspire dies, I'll definitely be moving away from FitBit and onto some other brand/platform.
Thanks. All feedback is definitely helpful. I don’t think I can justify the cost for a few features that I like when there are a ton of features I won’t use.
Old 05-03-21, 08:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I have a Versa 3. Before I bought it, I debated between it and the Sense. I also looked at the Apple watch briefly but it seemed way too costly and it hadn't expanded as fully into the fitness arena as it is apparently doing so now. I ultimately decided to go with the less expensive option---the Versa 3---although it's not cheap for sure. The Versa has almost all the same features as the Sense and I didn't need things like an altimeter. I don't use all of the features---don't subscribe to the music they have available and since I have an iPhone I can't answer calls on it. I know that Apple doesn't play well with other platforms, so I had no expectation that the Versa 3 (or any FitBit) would be any more compatible.

Hope that helps!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-21, 09:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
But I am interested in some of the health related features on the Sense. It's pretty pricey, so I'd like to hear what others think about it before buying.
what health features are you interested in?

i don't have a FB Sense, but i have the FB Charge 2 and it is enough for my needs. The Sense boasts a ECG for those who need that.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fit bit, fitbit, fitbit sense