Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-18, 01:53 PM  
red1013

I have a similar one to the 3 tier rack that someone posted. It's very sturdy and holds a lot. I have 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 7's, 8's, 10's, 12's, 15's, 20's, 25's, and 30's on it and they all fit. Mine sits on the concrete floor in my basement, but two puzzle mats under it would easily work.
Old 08-18-18, 04:22 PM  
carly

Most shoe racks are probably not sturdy enough to support heavy weights. A weight rack will accommodate them, but you will still have point loads from the rack frame that will 'dent' some carpet and padding products.....same as what you get from a sofa or heavy chair leg. The weight rack will create fewer dents but keeping the weights spread out (possibly on a mat) will create shallower imprints. Also, if you don't use the 20lb weight you can keep it in the closet.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-18, 04:28 PM  
Robin C

Smile Dumbbell rack

I use a 3 tier dumbbell rack that I ordered through Walmart.
Robin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-18, 08:52 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I have this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/CAP-Dumbb...-Rack/52416534

It's two tiers, and has holders on the sides for 4 more pairs of dumbbells. Right now I have pairs of 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 on the tiers, and 20's, 25's and 30's on the sides. I need to get that last pair of 35's to fill it up! It's a great space saver and is very sturdy.

ETA: If you have heavier dumbbells, this is a good one because they get bigger the heavier they are, and I think I'd only be able to store 2 pairs of my 20's and above on the actual tiers, while the holders on the sides allow more space for the bigger dumbbells.
Old 08-19-18, 07:17 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post

It's two tiers, and has holders on the sides for 4 more pairs of dumbbells. Right now I have pairs of 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 on the tiers, and 20's, 25's and 30's on the sides. I need to get that last pair of 35's to fill it up! It's a great space saver and is very sturdy.

ETA: If you have heavier dumbbells, this is a good one because they get bigger the heavier they are, and I think I'd only be able to store 2 pairs of my 20's and above on the actual tiers, while the holders on the sides allow more space for the bigger dumbbells.
Thanks for this, this is a possibility for sure. I think I may try puzzle mats first though, the only thing that is holding me back on the rack is that I don't want another piece of furniture cluttering up the house. After moving everything to a different part of the house I feel that I have too much stuff already. But I will keep this on my radar.

Thanks again all!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-18, 07:21 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post

This is the rack i have and love it! It's really cleaned up my workout space by being organized!
Old 08-20-18, 11:50 AM  
laurajhawk

I have this rack and, like Stephanie, I store my heavier dumbbells (12 through 25 lb) on the sides. I put lighter ones on the top tier, and on the bottom tier I have an extra set of 10s plus ankle weights and the lightest dumbbells (1 through 3 lb) lying on top of the ankle weights. I like my rack!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-18, 12:47 PM  
Leonana

I have this under the bed.

https://www.amazon.com/Dumbells-Weig...b+dumbbell+set

I also have 4 and 10 pound dumbbells next to them on the floor under the bed. I suppose it's leaving some marks, but since it's under the bed, I'm not concerned about it.
Old 08-20-18, 02:38 PM  
cindyw75

I don't have a designated exercise room. I workout in my living room. I keep my 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, and 20 lb. dumbbell sets stored in my antique ice box. It keeps them in my workout space, and they are out of sight when not in use.
cindyw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-18, 05:34 PM  
bubbles76

Awww thanks everyone . I came back to check on ideas, and I get congrats. Makes me feel so good! The last time I was up for promotion, I didn't even get an interview. I've been passed over three times, so I'm happy to finally made it!

Back on topic, I think I'd love to have an ice box as weights storage!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote