Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-18, 10:14 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

Last week I pulled out Charlene’s Crazy for Step and today I did a KCM stepboxing dvd. In the old days I always used an 8” step. Today I just use the step with no risers and it’s just fine. I love step workouts especially Cathe and Christi Taylor.
Old 08-14-18, 11:54 PM  
angie_nrs

I try to limit myself to once per week, otherwise I'd do step all the time! Step has a tendency to flare up my PF, so I have to back off. I love Cathe's step (pretty much all of them) & Gin Miller. I also do some old Kathy Smith on occasion. I have some Christy Taylors that boggle my mind....I just need to get them out when I'm in the right state of mind and figure them out.
Old 08-15-18, 02:16 AM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I do step workouts as my "treat" because they can aggravate back pain. I'm an outlier in that the dancier the better for me, because the up up down down is B O O R I N G.

The ones that survived are Intense Moves, Energy Sprint, Patrick G CIA 9001 step routine with Wizard of Oz, Christi Step Heaven, a couple more I'd have to go to the archives for. I don't think these kinds of workouts will be made again, but I've sure enjoyed them.

Or maybe people will get bored to death with drills drills drills and look for something more fun again. I'm sure it'll involve equipment I don't have.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 04:58 AM  
maitai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I love step! I like some of the dancy moves because it seems more fun than just drills. I keep my step height at the lowest level and have done that for years, it works for me. I try to do a step type workout a couple times a month. I would love some new step dvds.
I try to step at least twice a month.
Marcus Irwin & Rob Glick take me on a fantastic voyage.
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 06:44 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I have delicate knees. I own Debra Mazda's step, Cathe's basic step, Gin Miller's first Reebok step and Gilad's step. They're all very basic and beginner level - or at least I only do the beginner sections - and I do them each maybe once a year. So no, step is not a big part of my fitness life. (And anything with remotely twisting or torquing movements is right out.)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 08:28 AM  
ChelePA

Love Step!!!! Especially Cathe!!! I try to do it weekly as my fun Friday workout.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 08:55 AM  
adrien_73

I LOVE step and used to be an instructor. I can no longer do it because it causes my plantar fasciitis to flare up to the point I cannot walk for days.

It really is my favorite cardio, so this saddens me.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 11:55 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I love step and do it one to three times a week. I mostly do moderately complex step, but will do some of the more basic ones. Basic step with different arm choreography is boring.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 03:06 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Never anymore. I used to teach step classes. Way too hard on my back.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-18, 06:06 PM  
ncl

I like step a lot, especially the dancer step. I see it as a great way to get some choreography and dance in which I love but the step drives the heart rate a bit more. I did Cathe Imax Live today! that used the step and it KICKED my tail! wool!

As and for hating something with the fire of a thousand suns....love that expression and now have to adopt it!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step aerobics, step without a step