Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-13, 09:53 AM  
Missiscipi

SKOGG At Home Phase 1 & 2

So after a year hiatus from kettlebells pretty much I decided I really missed them and I wasn't getting the results I wanted with traditional weights. I decided to break back into it with the 2 new Skogg dvds. I read mixed reviews here but decided to give them a shot.

I seriously love them. Great variety, challenging and Michael is so motivating, gives great tips and is also nice to look at

There are 6 workouts on each dvd. 2 Strength, 2 Conditioning and 2 Power. He suggests alternating them Strength, Conditioning, Power. I am doing them 4x per week in that order and the 4th will be whatever I choose. Other 2 days are boxing. I just love the variety on these. Has some bodyweight stuff mixed it as well and I love his cooldowns at the end. Really good stretches.

I am a week and a half in and hubby mentioned last night that he is impressed with my fast results. He said 2 weeks ago my arms were looking flabby (I appreciate his honesty). He said my arms were getting defined and my lower body is shaping up. I definitely feel stronger, tighter and more compact. And my mood is much better! Lower back pain is going away too

I am planning on getting Virtual Skogg!
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 10:20 AM  
violingal3

Nice to see you back, Rozy!!! I must admit I've taken somewhat of a breather from KBs, probably closing in on a year, too! So many types of workouts to experiment with, so little time... I don't have any Skogg workouts, but I've always been curious about them. So glad you are getting back into the swing of things and seeing results!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 10:40 AM  
suegy3

The reviews on these weren't good but I don't remember why.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 10:45 AM  
andtckrtoo

Are you doing Phase 1 and Phase 2? I don't have doubles except 15's and I don't really like using doubles. I heard Phase 2 has a lot of doubles.
Old 03-20-13, 10:47 AM  
Missiscipi

No idea why. I thought they were amazing. Production isn't as great as the original and the actually workouts aren't chaptered but that didn't bother me at all.

Also, he does these in circuits. Usually 2 or 3 rounds - for example the conditioning 1 I did yesterday was =
1h swings 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

cleans 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

presses 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

squats 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

high pulls 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

snatch 30s each hand
30s plank

then same exercises for round 2 but instead of plank it was birthday party which is holding a squat while holding the kettlebell out from your body. Hard!
Round 3 was same exercises except downward dog instead of plank or birthday party.

Loved it.
Old 03-20-13, 10:52 AM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Are you doing Phase 1 and Phase 2? I don't have doubles except 15's and I don't really like using doubles. I heard Phase 2 has a lot of doubles.
I am doing both. I think the only double are the level 4 classes and I think disc 2 power 1 and/or 2 are both level 4 classes. Most of the other classes are level 2 or 3.
Old 03-20-13, 12:42 PM  
katmom

I love these DVD's (the cadence workout is a favorite)! I used them for about 8-9 weeks straight after I purchased them. I don't have doubles of my kettlebells, so I just adapted to doing the double kettlebell moves to a single kettlebell move. According to Aaron at Skogg, there will be more DVD releases like these.
Old 03-20-13, 02:19 PM  
bayportsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
No idea why. I thought they were amazing. Production isn't as great as the original and the actually workouts aren't chaptered but that didn't bother me at all.

Also, he does these in circuits. Usually 2 or 3 rounds - for example the conditioning 1 I did yesterday was =
1h swings 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

cleans 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

presses 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

squats 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

high pulls 30s each hand
30s plank

30s rest

snatch 30s each hand
30s plank

then same exercises for round 2 but instead of plank it was birthday party which is holding a squat while holding the kettlebell out from your body. Hard!
Round 3 was same exercises except downward dog instead of plank or birthday party.

Loved it.
Oh I LOVED this one!!!! And coincidentally, I did on my birthday, so the "birthday party" move just made my day!!!
bayportsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 04:52 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Skogg at Home dvds!!!! I have quite a few Kbell dvds and these are now my favorites over RKS, AOS and others. Michael is a superb instructor and really focuses on form.

I think the only negatives I've read were the productions values, but they really aren't bad. These are filmed from Virtual Skogg online workouts, so aren't quite as polished as his Skogg Set. But they're more fun, more challenging and more variety.

I can't rave enough! I can't find anything bad to say about these. I'm totally excited to hear there may be more!!!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 06:37 PM  
Cammie-Cam

Are there any video clips of these anywhere?
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, skogg, skogg 2, skogg at home