Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-12, 02:32 AM  
RedPanda

Debbie - you have probably already read this, but I have received an email from Skogg with an FAQ.
Q: Why am I only seeing 20 second clips?

A: If you are registered but have not subscribed to either the monthly or yearly membership all you will be able to view is a 20 second preview of the videos. With a paid subscription you will have access to all full workouts.
Old 08-04-12, 11:06 AM  
Just_Jo

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Skogg--I've had fantastic results.

I have a gym membership and I do use it, and that's almost $50 a month. I am trying to avoid monthly payments, I like everything paid for. $30 a month is more than I wanted to pay. That said, Skogg is quality. I notice I'll also have to buy more kettlebells so I have two of equal weight. UGH

I will do this next month. This month a personal trainer is helping me. (I have plantar fasciitis and got frustrated, so she created a program for me.) I can still kettlebell, though.

I am a HUGE Skogg fan and love it more than any other DVD I own. When Michael told me he was doing Virtual Skogg I was excited, but I really wish he would have just come out with another DVD system. I don't want monthly payments hanging over my head. sigh I love Skogg, so I'll give it a go next month. I imagine it will be worth it and I can see he takes things to a whole new level with the clips I've watched--so I can see my fitness growing a lot.

Bottom line is I wish I were rich, then things would be easier.
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 11:16 AM  
Just_Jo

Okay, so there are 8 videos of each level plus the tests? For $30 a month? Are they going to be adding more?

Dang it, I love Skogg so so so much and am very loyal, but it seems to me that this is just a great business decision for them--continuous inflow of money for them. Not the best deal for the users at all. If their monthly fee weren't so high, it wouldn't be as bad.

I am really heartbroken. Both Michael and Sue have been very supportive of me, I LOVE their DVDs, but I'm not rich, money is very tight for me, and I will have to buy more kettlebells and I have to buy online because I live in the middle of nowhere--it's going to cost me a LOT of money to do this. I have to keep my gym membership because there's nothing to do where I live and it's a way for me to get out of the house--and a healthy way at that. It would be easier if I lived where they did so I could just join their gym! And I would!

Dang it. I don't know. As I say, the Skogg System changed my life. I want to be loyal. But I have to be loyal to my checkbook, too.
Old 08-04-12, 12:19 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Maybe if Michael Skogg doesn't get a big response to this he'll lower the monthly fee. I hope so! I know that in the past vendors have run specials for VFers. Do you think it's worth a shot emailing him?

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 12:25 PM  
fitmiller

I wish too Michael would come out with a Skogg 2 dvd set. I just received Skogg the other day. I've done a few level 1's, and yesterday, I did Flow Level 3. WOW, is all I can say! Such a simple format, but so effective. The workout was only 20 minutes but I was drenched in sweat. It still is amazing to me how you can get such a great workout with kettlebells without ever moving your feet!
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 03:02 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
I wish too Michael would come out with a Skogg 2 dvd set. I just received Skogg the other day. I've done a few level 1's, and yesterday, I did Flow Level 3. WOW, is all I can say! Such a simple format, but so effective. The workout was only 20 minutes but I was drenched in sweat. It still is amazing to me how you can get such a great workout with kettlebells without ever moving your feet!
Awesome!!! I lost over 40 pounds in four months doing Skogg, walking and eatin g right. NOTHING ever gave me results like Skogg. That's what I loved about it, the simplicity. I did level 3's the whole time, but they are such great workouts. I recommend that set to everyone!
Old 08-04-12, 03:06 PM  
Just_Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL View Post
Maybe if Michael Skogg doesn't get a big response to this he'll lower the monthly fee. I hope so! I know that in the past vendors have run specials for VFers. Do you think it's worth a shot emailing him?
Well, I'm not going to ask. They do have a business to run and I'm not assertive enough to ask for that kind of thing. That's why I just feel so bad. It's quality stuff, he's a fantastic instructor, his product is wonderful and wow did I get results. I've been running this through my head all morning long--it's only $30 and I LOVE Skogg...but we are trying so hard to get rid of debt and monthly payments. My "fun" money goes to troop support which I am not giving up, it's too important to me and I save money so I can drive two hours once a month to visit my good friends. Could I afford it? Yes, I could cut something out. I love it so much. It's just more than I thought it would be. I rarely spend that for one DVD--in fact, I haven't bought a new fitness DVD in ages!
Old 08-04-12, 03:44 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Debbie - you have probably already read this, but I have received an email from Skogg with an FAQ.
Q: Why am I only seeing 20 second clips?

A: If you are registered but have not subscribed to either the monthly or yearly membership all you will be able to view is a 20 second preview of the videos. With a paid subscription you will have access to all full workouts.

No, I didn't see it, so thank you very much!

He really needs longer clips. People are hesitant to commit to that type of money without knowing the quality of the videos, etc.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 04:05 PM  
fitmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
Awesome!!! I lost over 40 pounds in four months doing Skogg, walking and eatin g right. NOTHING ever gave me results like Skogg. That's what I loved about it, the simplicity. I did level 3's the whole time, but they are such great workouts. I recommend that set to everyone!
Ditto!
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 04:49 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
No, I didn't see it, so thank you very much!

He really needs longer clips. People are hesitant to commit to that type of money without knowing the quality of the videos, etc.
Exactly. The streaming yoga sites generally offer clips that are a couple of minutes long. They also provide short descriptions of the practices. And most of them offer a free trial of some sort.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skogg, skogg 2, skogg kettlebell system, skogg system